26th December 2017, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility for PSTET?

I'm a B.Tech Computer Science student. Am I eligible to fill the PSTET exam?
What are the other eligibility criteria for the exam?

27th December 2017, 07:59 PM
ravinayadav256

Default Re: What is the eligibility for PSTET?

Eligibility for PSTET for Primary stage teacher:-

Student must have passed 12th with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board OR 2 years diploma in elementary education.

Eligibility for PSTET for Elementary stage teacher:-

Student must have passed bachelor's degree with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university OR 2 years diploma in elementary education.
27th December 2017, 09:05 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to apply for POSTER examination is mentioned below :-

--> For Classes I-V :-
The candidate should have passed 12th standard with at least 50% aggregate marks and passed or appearing in Final-year of Diploma in Elementary Education.

--> For Classes VI-VIII :-
The candidate should have passed Graduation with at least 50% aggregate marks and passed or appearing in final year of Diploma in Elementary Education or Bachelor in Education.
27th December 2017, 10:03 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

PSTET stands for Punjab State Teachers Eligibility Test. The aspirants who wants to join teaching jobs in government institution in Punjab have to clear this test. Without PSTET you are not eligible for applying for Teacher job in Government Schools

The eligibility criteria for PSTET are:-

1. 10th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.
2. 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board with 50% marks or above.
3. Bachelor degree from UGC/AICTE approved universities.

As you are a B.Tech degree holder then you are eligible for PSTET. You will get rest details regarding form filling, Application date, Exam Fee etc in PSTET Notification.
28th December 2017, 03:39 PM
NeptuneSpear

Yes, you are eligible Punjab State Teacher Ability Test (PSTET). Criteria for PSTET are as follows :

1) For PSTET Grade I, candidate must have passed 12th standard with at least 50% marks or must be appearing in final year of a 02-year diploma.

2)For PSTET Grade II, the applicant must have passed graduation (Bachelors degree) with at least 50% marks or must be appearing in final year of a 02-year Diploma or B.Ed.

3) Age should not be less than 18 years for Grade I and II.

PSTET consists of 2 paper each carrying 150 Marks. You need to qualify both the paper to appear in interview. Merit result will be based on the marks of written exam and interview.
28th December 2017, 05:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

PSTET refers to Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test and same examination is held for recruitment of teachers in school managed by state government of Punjab.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for PSTET being a student of B.Tech Computer Science then I would like to let you know that you are eligible for PSTET once you complete your B.Tech degree along with a professional teaching degree course like D.El.Ed ( Diploma in Elementary Education ) or B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education ) degree course. Also your aggregate in these degree must be 50%. Marks relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates.

For more details and updates regarding PSTET you can log on to the link www.tetpunjab.com .
1st November 2019, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

I have done bca, mca and b.ed with english and computer combination..english was not part of syllabus in gradution....am i eligible for pstet exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?