4th June 2011, 03:48 PM
jyothidivya

What exam to answer for Railway Job while in B.Tech 3rd year?

i am btech 3rd year student . i just wanted to know what type of exams should i undergo? When will those exams be conducted? How to apply for those exams?

14th September 2011, 12:03 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What exam to answer for Railway Job while in B.Tech 3rd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyothidivya View Post
i am btech 3rd year student . i just wanted to know what type of exams should i undergo? When will those exams be conducted? How to apply for those exams?
What exam to answer for Railway Job while in B.Tech 3rd year?

Since you are in B.Tech 3rd year ,you still have not completed your Graduation so you are not eligible to apply for all jobs that requires Graduation degree.You can apply for several clerical posts on the basis of your Intermediate degree.
  • On the basis of your Intermediate Degree ,you can apply for several clerical posts.
  • You haven't mentioned the name of your branch and due to this lack of information ,i can't inform about various Railway exam in which you can appear as the exams differs for different branches.
  • If you really want a good Railway job then first of all complete your Graduation and then apply for exam like IES
  • The exams are mainly conducted by upsc so visit regularly the official website of upsc that is www.upsc.gov.in or read employement news regularly for latest updates.

With Regards
ravik1214
14th September 2011, 12:15 AM
diksha bahel

Default Re: What exam to answer for Railway Job while in B.Tech 3rd year?

For railway job the exam which are for railway is RAILWAY RECRUITMENT BOARD EXAMS.When this exams are held before that the information should be posted in newspaper or any stationary shop but you have to consult there for form.For that dont take tension just prepare aptitude for exam and reasoning too.ALL THE BEST for your exam dear.
14th September 2011, 12:40 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

The UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and the Central Government conducts the railway recruitment examinations for various posts.

for more visit:http://www.upsc.gov.in

The examinations are:

1:Special Class Railway Apprentices(SCRA) Examination
for that exam:

a)you should complete 10+2 and Bachelor degree with Physics and Mathematics or Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum of 50%.

b)your age should be between 17 – 21 years .

2:Railway Officers Examination for the post of-

Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS)

Indian Railway Store Service (IRSS)

Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE)

Indian Railways Accounts Service (IRAS)

RPF Sub-Inspectors / Constables
etc

for that exam you should have bachelor degree with 10+2 level science stream.
14th September 2011, 11:37 AM
potala

no degree based exams are conducted only 12 base exams are conducted.
14th September 2011, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

hi i am manoj i am studing b.tech 3rd year ece branch is i'm eligible to write the exams of railways jobs or any central job exams
15th September 2011, 11:22 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Since you are in B.Tech 3rd year ,you still have not completed your Graduation so you are not eligible to apply for all jobs that requires Graduation degree.You can apply for several clerical posts on the basis of your Intermediate degree.
On the basis of your Intermediate Degree ,you can apply for several clerical posts.
You haven't mentioned the name of your branch and due to this lack of information ,i can't inform about various Railway exam in which you can appear as the exams differs for different branches.
If you really want a good Railway job then first of all complete your Graduation and then apply for exam like IES
The exams are mainly conducted by upsc so visit regularly the official website of upsc that is www.upsc.gov.in or read employement news regularly for latest updates.
15th September 2011, 11:26 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

On the basis of your Intermediate Degree ,you can apply for several clerical posts.
You haven't mentioned the name of your branch and due to this lack of information ,i can't inform about various Railway exam in which you can appear as the exams differs for different branches.
If you really want a good Railway job then first of all complete your Graduation and then apply for exam like IES
The exams are mainly conducted by upsc so visit regularly the official website of upsc that is www.upsc.gov.in or read employement news regularly for latest updates.
22nd September 2011, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

iam b.tech 3 rd yr student....eee branch.......what exams should i undergo and what is the procedure for the exam......
and how to apply for the jobs .......can i get a job after completing my 4 th year
plz answer my question its very urgent....
28th September 2011, 06:06 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

you are in B.Tech 3rd year ,you still have not completed your Graduation so you are not eligible to apply for all jobs that requires Graduation degree.You can apply for several clerical posts on the basis of your Intermediate degree.
but on the basis of 12th degree you can still apply for this exams Special Class Railway Apprentices(SCRA) Examination,
but after completion of graduation in science you can appear for these exams which are following under the age of 17-24.

:Railway Officers Examination for the post of-

Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS)

Indian Railway Store Service (IRSS)

Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE)

Indian Railways Accounts Service (IRAS)

RPF Sub-Inspectors / Constables etc
26th May 2012, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Any railway job which are directly recruited without enterance exam
1st June 2012, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

now i had cmpleted my b-tech with cse branch, i wanna to do job in railways, now what i have to do...???
22nd June 2012, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

hi i am Prathusha studying in ECE third year. Which exams i can appear for getting railway jobs?
26th July 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

I have done my B.E in Electronics & Telecommunication in 2012 with 65% agg.
What kind of job or exam should i apply for railways?
23rd October 2012, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,,,,,,,,i m civil 3rd yr student,,,,at present what exam i can give? these exam may be in any field,,,,,,
30th July 2013, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

HII Sir. I am Manas Ranjan Sahu. I am continuing my B.Tech 3rd year in Electronics And Instrumentation Engg.. Please help me for the different types of railway requirement examination. please sir send me mail to: [email protected]
30th September 2014, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Hai I am bharathi studing B.E in computer science ,sir can U please give informaion about how to railway job and what post wil i get after completing my graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?