7th May 2012, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

What group should be taken in standard 11th for actuarial science?

what group should be taken in standard 11 for actuarial science

Related Questions:
  1. How to do graduation in Actuarial Science and what are the career prospect of this subject? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Are there any colleges in Kerala having Actuarial Science course?
  3. Can I study Science in 11th standard if secured 75% in 10th CBSE?
  4. Is it necessary to take Maths in 12th standard to learn Actuarial Science?
  5. Actuarial Science Examination-Foundations of Casualty Actuarial Science-Part II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. How to apply for Actuarial Science with Eco(Hons) after scoring 100 marks in Maths in 12th? Can I opt for acturial science with B.Com(Hons)? List of colleges from where I can do Actuarial Science?
  7. How to start a career in Actuarial science after 12th standard?
  8. Which group should I take in my 11th standard after completing 10th standard
  9. How to pursue actuarial science after passing 10th?
  10. Does this necessary to opt for Maths in 12th class for learning Actuarial Science?
  11. Can I become a conservationalist after taking compute science as a group in 11th standard?
  12. Is it possible to do Post graduation in Actuarial Science after completing BBA? -- [New]
  13. Am I eligible to study Actuarial Science after finishing 12th? I am from commerce side
  14. Which group can I choose in 11th standard which has more scope in Abroad?
  15. Annamalai University - P.G. Diploma in Actuarial Science- Basics of Actuarial Science Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. How is the branch of MSc in Actuarial Science? Is MSc in this field worth it?
  17. How can I change my group into PCB in 12th standard if pursuing PCM in 11th WBCHSE?
  18. Migrating from WBBSE to CBSE?
9th May 2012, 04:08 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What group should be taken in standard 11th for actuarial science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what group should be taken in standard 11 for actuarial science
In order to pursue Actuarial Science, one must have a very high degree of aptitude for mathematics and statistics. So, obviously, you must have theses subjects in the higher secondary level to take up the course in Actuarial Science.

Now, to be considered eligible for the program, you will have to qualify Actuarial Common Entrance Test after qualifying higher secondary examination. There is no restrictions regarding the stream as well as percentage of marks in the higher secondary level, but as mentioned earlier, to qualify the test and pursue the course, you got to have very good foundation of Mathematics and Statistics and as a result of which, the course is mostly opted by first class graduates or postgraduates in Mathematics, Statistics or Econometrics.

The course comprise of a total of 15 papers and those who qualifies all the papers becomes eligible to take up the profession of an Actuary. As far as duration of the course is concerned, there is no fixed duration as candidates depending upon their preparation, may qualify all the papers in a single year or a single paper in one year.

For more information, refer to the official website of Institute of Actuaries of India.
11th July 2012, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

can I do my career in actuary if I take commerce side in 11 standard ?
18th December 2012, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

I m a science student studying in 11 grade, Cn I persue actural science as ma career after my 12th boards?
10th February 2013, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

I want to do actuarial
5th June 2013, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

i have given out my ssc examinations,to take up acturial science which stream should i choose also is it more tough than ca?
17th January 2019, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

I am studying 10th now and I need to study acturial science. Which group I need to take in 11th standard? Can I take biomaths or commerce?
2nd July 2019, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

If i take PCM in class 11th...can it b a help to become an actuary?
29th April 2020, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should be taken after 10 for doing actuary?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?