23rd April 2018, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

What I need to do to get a job in Indian Railways after completion of BA?

I have completed my BA (hons). I'm looking for a job in Indian Railways. What should I do? Which all exams I need to write? What all jobs can I expect being from Arts background and not from Science background?

6th May 2018, 07:21 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What I need to do to get a job in Indian Railways after completion of BA?

After completing graduation in any stream you are 100% eligible for the Indian Railways jobs.

For applying the railway sector jobs you should have minimum 55% aggregate in academics and well knowledge about the technical areas.

Where age limit for the railway sector is 18 to 30 years.

Different posts you can apply in Indian Railways are:-

Assistant Loco Pilot

Railway Clark

Railway Driver

Ticket Collector

Junior Engineer

Senior Section Engineer

Station Master

Selection Process:-

Written Exam

Personal Interview

Medical Test.
8th May 2018, 11:32 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What I need to do to get a job in Indian Railways after completion of BA?

In order to get job in Indian Railways, you are required to have an idea on basic eligibility criteria that is required. Railway Recruitment Board on behalf of Indian Railways conducts several recruitment's every year for filling up vacancies for various posts. There are basically two cadres,

>> Technical Cadre
>> Non-Technical Cadre

For Technical Cadre, there is a certain technical background qualification required in order to be eligible. On the other side, for getting into Non Technical Cadre, the basic educational qualification would be "Graduation" in any discipline.

Hence, as you are from BA background I can say that you are eligible to apply for Non Technical Recruitment's. There is a recruitment called NTPC for which you are certainly eligible as any discipline in Graduation is accepted. You may find such recruitment's from "Careers" or Recruitment section of RRB official website.
11th May 2018, 01:23 PM
amish25
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my BA (hons). I'm looking for a job in Indian Railways. What should I do? Which all exams I need to write? What all jobs can I expect being from Arts background and not from Science background?
hi,
The Indian railway is provide great opportunity to not only graduate candidates but 10th and 12th passed candidates also apply for Railway jobs.
The Indian railway is further subdivided into 21 RRBs to make smooth the recruitment of the candidates for the various vacant posts in the department.
These RRBs conducts following exams for the selection of eligible candidates:
  • RRB Junior Engineer
  • RRB Senior section Engineer
  • RRB NTPC
  • RRB Group D
  • RRB assistant loco pilot
  • Railway Ticket collector etc.
There are also various posts in the metro, Rail coach factory and the railway related departments. You can check the all RRB Recruitment 2018 information and apply according to the educational Qualification.
there are different qualification required for various posts that you must ensure before filling the application form.
All the best!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?