22nd June 2010, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

What is Infrastructure Desktop Support Engineer?

i finished my be(cse) fresher. and got 80%. but i think i did nt have that much knowledge in quantitative apptitude. but i am havin knowledge in networking. recently i attended one company name is infi in chennai. i got selected but they ask me to give 15k for training period. designation of job is it infrastructure desktop support engineer. can you tell me about the detailed description of my job. and tell me about joining there is good for my future or not.

by din..

26th June 2010, 10:51 PM
swati123

Default Re: What is Infrastructure Desktop Support Engineer?

Infrastructure Desktop Support Engineer - what's that? The actual designation is
'Desktop Support Engineer'but people can choose to name it their own way.

The basic qualities required are good communication skill, some Hardware knowledge and basic Networking knowledge and you quite fit into the bill. But paying for training is certainly not a good idea. Anyway, you can give the job a try but do some good probing about the company before you join.
27th June 2010, 02:39 AM
amit.2186

If you dont have knowledge in quantitative apptitude then you can gain the knowledge by reading books on quantitative apptitude its good that you have a networking knowledge and the company that you have visited seems new to me so just try to get as much information possible about the company before visiting for the interview process. you have a good percentage so you better try for good MNC companies like wipro infosys and many more ..be careful while going to a newly started or opened comapnies all the best
27th June 2010, 03:57 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
As a Desktop Support Engineer, you will need configure servers, validate security system,create standard scripts and images for desktops and laptops, deploy antivirus to all the systems along with updating downloades.
So basically, the job involves installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of desktops and laptops.
The job will fetch you better salary after you gain experience of atleast 2-3 years in any good company.
27th June 2010, 11:55 AM
vidh
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: What is Infrastructure Desktop Support Engineer?

Hello friend,
As you are BE fresher ,job may lead you in pressure, but if you posses guts to do so that is best because you will be having jos experiance which will be helpful for further applying ti big deal. Infrastructure supp. eng. requires to have knowledge of IT .
This also named by varios names like desktop supporter, support technitian, helpdesk engineer etc. It provides support and implementation services to buisiness infrastructure, he should know about software used by the buisiness, operating systems and hardware periferals.
27th June 2010, 02:58 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

The actual Designation of the post that you have mentioned is:
Desktop Support Engineer

To apply for this job candidate should have good communication skills.
Should have good knowledge on Desktop troubleshooting, Hardware,Installation & Troubleshooting.

The desired profile of this job:
Designing, implementation and maintenance of Windows based Network, inclusive of all Networking Hardware & Software support.

Also installation and updating of operating system and other software.

This is a good option you may choose. But i will suggest you to verify the particular company correctly first.

Good luck!
27th June 2010, 07:00 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

"Infrastucture Desktop Support Engineer"

Mainly involves Harware and Networking side job profile. Basically Troubleshooting, Hardware, Installation etc........

Its good for starting, but career is not so promissing, you can go for it but if you think you would be able to explore your career growth then its not possible.

I means its not your Dilemma, so if you get better option dont hesitate to leave it.
27th June 2010, 11:04 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Infrastructure desktop support is basically a networking and hardware related job. Good thing about this is that there are lot of job opportunities as most of the firms have their IT support operations outsourced to Indian companies like Infy, TCS, Mahindra Satyam and so on. So for a start this is good, but not sure about whether you need to spend 15k. In stead of that you can try for certification courses in CCNA or Microsoft or CISCO, which will give you placements too.
28th June 2010, 08:30 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

Hello friend,
As a Desktop Support Engineer,you will need only for server information because in india its various scope.
28th June 2010, 11:42 AM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
For this you need a skill in IT programming. You should also be thorough with the system software and hardware. You have a beeter chance to get into IT companies like INFOSYS, WIPRO etc.
bye
9th July 2010, 11:49 AM
nadinesh

Post re: What is Infrastructure Desktop Support Engineer?

i m joined iin infi only as a desktop support engineer. is this company s good and for this job diploma candidates also eligible. ??
11th July 2010, 02:17 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadinesh View Post
i m joined iin infi only as a desktop support engineer. is this company s good and for this job diploma candidates also eligible. ??

Yeah you have herd right even Diploma candidates are eligible for.

But you have'nt mentioned your Qualification if you are Engineer then Frankly speak its not good for betterment of career prospects.

Yes if at the time if you are facing Job problem then you can start from it but dont go for making it as your career option, it has very limited opputunities.
11th July 2010, 04:04 PM
drdo99
Banned

as part of software developement in it sector,the proper work to do the best of outsourcing is called so.
this posts comes as a managerial post.they are most needed at the time of recession,especially in it sector.
11th July 2010, 04:57 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What is Infrastructure Desktop Support Engineer?

Hi,

Paying for the training period is not advisable. Literally no registered IT firms would do that. Do check whether you are in the right place for your career.

Infrastructure Desktop Support Engineer means, you need to provide Installation, configuration and trouble shooting of desktop operating system, configuration of email client, Infrastructure hardware/networking issues , trouble-shooting of all office automation and peripheral devices, Should solve network and connectivity issues with the firm etc.

Good Luck.
11th July 2010, 05:53 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

there are lot of job opportunities as most of the firms have their IT support operations outsourced to Indian companies like Infy, TCS, Mahindra Satyam and so on. So for a start this is good, but not sure about whether you need to spend 15k. In stead of that you can try for certification courses in CCNA or Microsoft or CISCO,job may lead you in pressure, but if you posses guts to do so that is best because you will be having jos experiance which will be helpful for further applying ti big deal. Infrastructure supp. eng. requires to have knowledge of IT .
6th August 2010, 01:49 AM
nadinesh

finished my be(cse) fresher. and got 80%.i am havin knowledge in networking. recently i attended one companyed but they ask me to give 1 name is infi in chennai. i got select5k for training period. designation of job is it infrastructure desktop support engineer. can you tell me about the detailed description of my job. and tell me about joining there is good for my future or not.
12th August 2010, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

hi nadinesh i am a guy from infi now only i joined in that has desktop support engg , but they are asking my 20k ,i am ready to pay it , beacuse its a starting point, they are realy teaching well , actually infi is not a company its a consultancy , and origin is the company where they wil place .
14th August 2010, 05:09 PM
amit1057
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
Really your choice is very good and this has a very bright future in India ,there is a lot of chances and opportunity to development of your carrier in this field.Infrastructure Desktop Support Engineer means, you need to provide Installation, configuration and trouble shooting of desktop operating system, configuration of email client, Infrastructure hardware/networking issues , trouble-shooting of all office automation and peripheral devices, Should solve network and connectivity issues with the firm etc.
All the Best!
14th August 2010, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

basically infi is not company.it is consultancy.but they will arrange jobs sure in origin itfs.bascially they will tell a salary range 6k to 8k
it not true.they will provide only 4.5k for fresher.
15th August 2010, 01:22 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
your job is better for you as in your interest field related to networking.
You can start this job with 15k salary.
for Infrastructure Desktop Support Engineer, candidate should have good communication skills.
Should have good knowledge on Desktop Hardware,Installation & Troubleshooting.

You can easily learn it during your training period.
You need not to be worried about it.

good luck.
5th September 2010, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

hi guys i completed my BEcse and MBA in system i want to be in IT sector as a IT manager so i joined as a desktop sup[port enng .. weather its a right track for me plz hep me, and i also joined in infi ina desktop support program
26th March 2011, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

Does any one know about IBITS technology, mylapore? I am expecting that I would be recruited as "Technical Support Engineer". Hence I wish to know about the company. Any suggestion would make my carier good. :)
27th March 2011, 12:07 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Hi,
according to me,

Mainly involves Harware and Networking side job profile. Basically Troubleshooting, Hardware, Installation etc........

Its good for starting, but career is not so promissing, you can go for it but if you think you would be able to explore your career growth then its not possible.

I means its not your Dilemma, so if you get better option dont hesitate to leave it.

Thank
26th April 2011, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Hi.
Whether the desktop support engineer job is suitable for girls.
29th April 2011, 11:26 PM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Mainly involves Hardware and Networking side job profile. Basically Troubleshooting, Hardware, Installation etc........

Its good for starting, you can go for it but if you think you would be able to explore your career growth then its not possible.
1st May 2011, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Hi can anyone help me???
I got selected for WIPRO as desktop support engineer through CARE IT Solutions,Hyderabad...we trained on basic hardware and networking in wipro for 1 month.now they placed us at surya towers(wipro services) and we were gone with the seniors to solve the different issues of wipro clients.problem is that they r paying only Rs.5,500 per month now...plz suggest me that will i have any growth in my career and how....please help me......
9th May 2011, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Whether the Infrastructure Desktop support Engineer job is suitable for girls
25th May 2011, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

Whether the Desktop support engineer job is suitable for girls
26th July 2011, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

what is your responsibility in your company as a Desktop Support Engineer?
29th July 2011, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

cse designation is better compare to Desktop engineer
and after desktop engineer what is best designation
31st July 2011, 10:31 PM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

Yeah you have herd right even Diploma candidates are eligible for.

But you have'nt mentioned your Qualification if you are Engineer then Frankly speak its not good for betterment of career prospects.

Yes if at the time if you are facing Job problem then you can start from it but dont go for making it as your career option, it has very limited opputunities.
Thanks
21st September 2011, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: What is Infrastructure Desktop Support Engineer?

please join there because of the desktop support eng post also good & you have good salry there
16th February 2012, 09:41 PM
indeedfrnd

hey frndz....
M Aman....having 30 months experience in desktop support engg and getting 16k salary...now i want to move and ugrade myself....so what should i do....shoud i move to team leader or somthin else.?????????
plz tell me if u have any better suggetion......at [email protected].....
24th February 2012, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

hi .............
i completed BE in information sciecne and engg now m moving to desk top engineer is this good to go, m facing problem in written test , once i move in desktop engineer can i go in programming side in future please guide me................... [email protected]
1st March 2012, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: What is Infrastructure Desktop Support Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Whether the Desktop support engineer job is suitable for girls

no where girls are taken for desktop support engineer position as this work involves moving arround IT infrastructure and to user desks, but if you have enough knowledge for supporting users and IT skills, girls will be taken as "IT helpdesk Engineer"which mainly involves recieving calls from users, managing daily ticket reports, coordinating with other teams,assigning tickets to desktop support engineers.
10th October 2013, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

HI I got selected in a singapore company for Desktop engineer, do I have good future career path ? plz assist
10th October 2013, 01:00 PM
sr203

Hi,
I got selected in a singapore company for desktop engineer, did I have good future career path, please assist
13th December 2013, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

I'm a BCA graduate, presently working as desktop support engineer through third party, but hate this job. How is career growth after this? please suggest
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?