15th December 2011, 09:31 AM
mrinal banerjee

What kind of Jobs will I get after Graduation with B.Sc Maths Honors?

can you tell me after graduation (bsc maths honours) what type of job will i get?

15th December 2011, 09:54 AM
Hours

Default Re: What kind of Jobs will I get after Graduation with B.Sc Maths Honors?

if you are interest in govt job few option for you are

Banking
Insurance
Defence & protective services
civil service
indian economics

you can do jobs in private sector
read the time of india
and hindustan times
for availablity of jobs.

you can further enhance your education
like by doing masters in maths
maths graduates are required in many areas.
15th December 2011, 10:19 AM
tejesh_09

Default Re: What kind of Jobs will I get after Graduation with B.Sc Maths Honors?

After B.Sc. Math Honors you can go for teacher ship job by taking B.Ed. training for 2 years.

You can also go for Defence job by joining in DRDO as Scientist B. You may appear for CDS(Combined Defence Service) for joining to Indian Army Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Indian Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy.

You may appear for Civil Services Examination to became IAS, IPS, IES, IFS and other allied services. You can also appear for bank P.O.(Probationary Officer) any many more job option are there for job after B.Sc.

You can also go for master degree course in Mathematics/MCA/MBA and accordingly your job in that line may be good option.
15th December 2011, 10:25 AM
mayankkaushik02

You have various options in these fields:
Astrophysics
Actuary
Software programming
Teaching
Research Scientist with subjects like Physics, Maths and Computer Application. You can also go for higher studies like MCA, MBA, CA, CS or Masters in Physics, Astrophysics, Applied Physics, Mathematics etc.
15th December 2011, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

i m b.sc non-med. with 60pcnt marks in aggt. Can i apply for the post of pilot
15th December 2011, 11:46 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinal banerjee View Post
can you tell me after graduation (bsc maths honours) what type of job will i get?
dear friend,

There are so many jobs after completing the B.Sc. honors in Mathematics. Here I have mentioned some of the jobs and you have to choose :

* You can become a teacher in a school may be high school or it may be
junior high school.
* You may become the professor of any recognized institute and for this at
first you must have master degree in your subject i.e. Mathematics.
* Besides this, you may start tusion in your area or other places.
* You also get a part time job like para teacher in any school.
* You also get a job in account in any farm house or small industry

But I think that it will be better for you is that to take your master degree and then you will be beneficial for everywhere regarding to job. So do your higher education at first.

good luck.
15th December 2011, 12:44 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

After graduation you will be eligible to appear for the bank test, PSC test etc. Other than that you can join various firms at the trainee level. It will be better if you take a masters degree. As after taking that you will be eligible for the NET exam if you scored 55% marks in your post graduation.And after that you can get a good job as a lecturer in various colleges.

There are many jobs offered to students who have completed B.Sc(H) in Mathematics-
1)Business analyst
2)Management trainee
3)Consultant, etc

So it is advisable to you to enroll yourself on the various websites like naukri.com,shine.com etc to get the latest updates.

15th December 2011, 04:50 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
After completion of B.Sc in maths you can go for jobs like-

1.Bank PO exams

2.teaching

3.Defense exams like- CDS
If you have interest in defense field..

4.Railway stuff..

etc..

You can go for any of these field..
All the best...
15th December 2011, 11:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
GOVT JOBS FOR B.SC (MATHS)CANDIDATE:-

1)HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER JOBS

2)BANK PO AND BANK CLERK JOBS

3)UPSC EXAM ( IAS , IPS , IES ,SCRA ,NDA)

4)PSC EXAM

5)ELECTRICITY BOARD OF INDIA

6)SSC EXAM

7)DEFENSE SECTOR

But the better option for you to go for MCA or MBA or M.SC
1st January 2012, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

What are the oppurtinites in defence after graduation in math honers.
10th January 2012, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
you can go for MBA as for mathematics hons student is really good and you will have a great future
21st March 2012, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

what will i do for MBA prepration?
20th April 2012, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare indian naval academy after doing bsc with mathematics?
9th May 2012, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

what kind of jobs will I get Graduation with B.Sc maths?
19th May 2012, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

I m nw in SYBsc,what should i do after TY maths,Msc or MBA?
AS I dnt find myself to be v.intellect,
OR wat should i do to raise my thinkng level
10th June 2012, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

sir what kind of job options are there after doing only bsc.maths but nt bsc. maths honours
10th June 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

wha kin of job opportunities are there after doing bsc maths bt bot bsc maths honours
4th July 2012, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have completed my graduation in b.sc from kerala university in 2000.now i want a job.so i want to join for M.A psychology or pre-primary teachers training through distant education.which is best in your opinion?If other choices,please send me in detail other than masters degree in science.because distant education is only possible for me.
15th July 2012, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

i finished my bsc in 1999,now which jobs i get?
28th July 2012, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir I completed Bsc maths in 2012.but I have a confusion I will go which college for PG
30th August 2012, 02:17 AM
Unregistered

Heloo.. Right now i'm entering MSc-maths final year.. Kindly tel me the entrance exams i shud clear to enter into the field of research n lectureship...
9th September 2012, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

which one is the best among MBAandMCA after bsc maths hon
15th September 2012, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

I have completed b.sc in math H with 72percent which type of private job will offer.
15th September 2012, 08:57 PM
denwer1

Smile Re: What kind of Jobs will I get after Graduation with B.Sc Maths Honors?

Quote:
There are lots of job options:-
you can get into banking, teaching, defence, insurance, research etc.
15th September 2012, 10:22 PM
07vidhi

After B.Sc. Math Honors you can go for teacher ship job by taking B.Ed. training for 2 years.

You can also go for Defence job by joining in DRDO as Scientist B. You may appear for CDS(Combined Defence Service) for joining to Indian Army Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Indian Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy.

You may appear for Civil Services Examination to became IAS, IPS, IES, IFS and other allied services. You can also appear for bank P.O.(Probationary Officer) any many more job option are there for job after B.Sc.

You can also go for master degree course in Mathematics/MCA/MBA and accordingly your job in that line may be good option.[/QUOTE]
15th September 2012, 10:38 PM
07vidhi

if you are interest in govt job few option for you are

Banking
Insurance
Defence & protective services
civil service
indian economics

you can do jobs in private sector
read the time of india
and hindustan times
for availablity of jobs.

you can further enhance your education
like by doing masters in maths
maths graduates are required in many areas.[/QUOTE]
15th September 2012, 10:45 PM
07vidhi

No, Commerce stream students are not eligible for Indian Army with 12th standards

If you are interested in Indian Army

first you can crack the NDA Examination

This Examination is organized by Union Public Service Commission

NDA Stands for National Defence Academy

NDA Have 3 wings

1. Indian Army

2. Indian Navy

3. Indian Air Force

Eligibility Criteria for NDA : -

** You must have a 12th standard from any recognized institution

** Your age should between 16.5 years to 19 years

** You should be a citizen of India

** Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this examination

#5 15th September 2012, 04:14 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member++++ Join Date: Jan 2012

Re: How can I join Indian Army after passing 12th with commerce with 61.75%

Yes, You can join Indian Army after passing 12th Commerce through appearing NDA entrance exam. There is no percentage of marks required in 12th for application to NDA.

National Defence Academy(NDA) entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

In order to join Indian Army of NDA, one must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

15th September 2012, 04:11 PM
dhirajen18
This message has been deleted by Support.

#4 15th September 2012, 03:42 PM
Astha sinhaa
15th September 2012, 10:47 PM
mailme.ramkapoor

Hi dear,
GOVT JOBS FOR B.SC (MATHS)CANDIDATE:-

1)HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER JOBS

2)BANK PO AND BANK CLERK JOBS

3)UPSC EXAM ( IAS , IPS , IES ,SCRA ,NDA)

4)PSC EXAM

5)ELECTRICITY BOARD OF INDIA

6)SSC EXAM

7)DEFENSE SECTOR

But the better option for you to go for MCA or MBA or M.SC

Thanks
16th December 2012, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Is there any stremes in merchant nevy after math hons. i did my graduation in math with 73%. plz sugest me which corses is better for me.
BASANT KUMAR,MOTIHARI. MOB:-9576774243 / 8271878745
5th January 2013, 09:46 PM
pinewood
Senior Member+

hi,,,

Jobs will I get after Graduation with B.Sc Maths Honors

1.civil service
2.Banking
3.indian economics
4.Defence & protective services
5.Teaching
6.Astrophysics
7.Software programming
8.Actuary
9.railway staff

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
19th January 2013, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

can i become ips after bsc maths honour?
26th February 2013, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

what kind of jobs will i get after graduation in B.Sc maths with computer science?
29th May 2013, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum salary we get after completing nsc. from bit mesra ranchi
6th June 2013, 07:50 AM
Unregistered

sir wt is the scope for job after b.sc. in physics from d.u. ???????
24th June 2013, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

What is scope of maths hons. beyond teaching &banking .
28th June 2013, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

after completed b.SC of mathematics which type of job we shall do in private sector please reply
28th June 2013, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am ghazi mustafa from kishanganj bihar i wanna take admission in bsc maths (hon). It woud be better or not plz tell at once
4th July 2013, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Which is better bsc maths hons or gen?
27th July 2013, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

hello...can i go for Teaching after completing bsc mathematics
23rd October 2013, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir , I m compliting my bsc in maths can I get a private job and which is it
18th February 2014, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

I hv three year gap between my i.sc and b.sc(math h),is there any problem for getting finance job after mba degree?
10th March 2014, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Please any one who teach Maths h first yr with affordable price pls contact 8802923604
7th May 2014, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETED MY 12 TH AND WHAT CAREER I SHOULD OPT FORWARD ? BSC(STATICTICS) MBA OR BSC (HONS) MBA WHICH IS MORE DEMANDING?
14th May 2014, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Is there a sit reserved for backward classes like ST/SC/OBC.. In IAS Recruitment..
26th November 2014, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want to teach in school up to 12class in govt school so what should I do to select in govt school sir I am a student of bus. Maths 2 year
29th May 2015, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Which course has more career prospects? Mathematics Honours or Economics Honours?
3rd July 2015, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 12 and want to honours from bhu but i want to know bnefit of studying from bhu in jobs
21st August 2016, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have passed math hons since 2013 and now i am 24 years old , i dnt like to do job in school teacher, i want get job in DRDO, or ISRO is it possible for me ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?