4th August 2020, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

What is the lower and upper age limit for UPSC CSE Prelims examination?

My birth date is 22nd October, 2001. Am I eligible to appear for UPSC CSE Prelims examination in the 2022 exam session? Or, can I write my first exam in upcoming exam session? And, how many attempts would I have?

6th August 2020, 11:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the lower and upper age limit for UPSC CSE Prelims examination?

The age limit to apply for Civil Services examination held by UPSC is 21 years to 32 years as on 1st August of year of examination. Further, there is provision of age relaxation for candidates belonging to reserved category and other deserving category candidates as per the government norms.

Now, being born on 22nd October 2001, you will not be eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination 2022 as, your age by 01.08.2022 will be under 21 years which is the minimum age required for appearing in the same examination.

Also, as per the current norms, you will have 6 attempts for qualifying this examination if you belong to General category while 9 attempts if you belong to OBC category. Further, there is no limit on number of attempts for SC/ST candidates.

For complete details regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
8th August 2020, 07:59 PM
pmkalyani

Default Re: What is the lower and upper age limit for UPSC CSE Prelims examination?

As per the civil services age limit, the candidate should have attained 21yrs age not attained 32 yrs (general category)as on 1st august of the year of examination. For OBC category upper age limit is 35years and for SC and ST category the upper age limit is 37years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?