20th May 2011, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

What are the qualifications required for taking admission in MS in top universities after completing B.Tech in ECE?

Sir, I'm doing btech third year(electronics & communication). I want to know in detail about the qualifications of taking an MS from one of the top uiversities \. My 10TH % IS 85 & 12TH 87(ICSE).

Related Questions:
  1. How can get admission in top universities for M.Tech Automotive Engineering? GATE coaching in Hyderabad? Percentage needed to get admission in top universities?
  2. How to do MS in US in top universities? I have completed B.E in ECE
  3. List of top 10 universities in US for MS in VLSI or Embedded system
  4. How much does the MS course cost? Score required to get financial aid in top universities?
  5. Can I get admission in top universities in USA for MBA?
  6. Top Universities which offer MS in US? Cutoff marks required in GRE to get admission? -- [New]
  7. Required score in GRE Exam to get admission for MS in top universities being a candidate having secured 92% in 10th, 89% in 12th and 75% in B.Tech with ECE?
  8. Universities offering Ph.D just after B.Tech in ECE?
  9. How to do MS in US? Which are the top universities for MS in Networking?
  10. How much should I score in GRE and TOEFL to be eligible for top 50 universities? List of universities for MS in PM? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Is B.Tech percentage compulsory to get admission in to top college?
  12. How may I join MS in top universities in US? I've completed my B.Tech from PTU in Computer Science
  13. How can I get admission for PG course after completing B.E? I am a 5th semester student
  14. Universities and colleges which deal with MSc Geology? Qualifications required for admission?
  15. How to get admission in the best universities of America, Canada, Singapore for masters in science? I have done B.Tech in ECE
  16. Procedure to get scholarship to study B.Com in Abroad?
  17. What should I do to study PG course after B.Pharm in Canada?
  18. After completing PG Diploma in Industrial Automation what can I do?
21st May 2011, 01:11 AM
karthiksiva

Default Re: What are the qualifications required for taking admission in MS in top universities after completing B.Tech in ECE?

You should have applied for GRE and TOEFL. And also you should have got a good score.
22nd May 2011, 12:11 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What are the qualifications required for taking admission in MS in top universities after completing B.Tech in ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I'm doing btech third year(electronics & communication). I want to know in detail about the qualifications of taking an MS from one of the top uiversities \. My 10TH % IS 85 & 12TH 87(ICSE).
As like every engineer who aspires for MS in foreign universities the procedure for this is you have to appear for an International entrance examination i.e., GRE and Toefl

Take coaching for GRE to get a better result Nothing related to Technical subjects will be present in this exam just regarding the communication skills all the questions will be stressed in this entrance exam.

After appearing you will instantly get the score of the exam which you have taken based on that score you need to apply for the foreign universities.

after applying you will get a call letter and also admission confirmation through e-mail or like

you have to respond to that and after completing your engineering degree you need to go with passport and visa to the country for studying there for 18 month valid visa.

Your chances of getting good university will be more if you also appear for TOEFL

this is all about the procedure of getting into foreign universities through various entrances .

Regards

~AdityA~
22nd May 2011, 12:53 PM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the qualifications required for taking admission in MS in top universities after completing B.Tech in ECE?

Quote:

The basics requirement to be fulfilled for moving abroad for educational purpose is qualifying Test of English as a Foreign Language(TOEFL) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) with good percentage.

These exam are admission requirement for non-native English speakers at many English-speaking collegs and university.

Examination pattern:

TOEFL is more preferable.

TOEFL:-

duration -> 4 hrs

Four section:-
  1. Listening (30 – 40 minutes) The Listening section consists of 3 parts. (30+8+12)
    -1st contains 30 questions (short conversations). -2nd part has 8 questions (longer conversations). -3rd part consist 12 questions about lectures or talks.
  2. Structure and Written Expression (25 minutes) -15 exercises of completing sentences correctly and
    -25 exercises of identifying errors.
  3. Reading Comprehension (55 minutes) -It has 50 questions about reading passages.
  4. Writing (30 minutes) - one essay with 250–300 words in average.
GRE:

duration -> 4hrs

Four section:-

1. written section (30 min)

2.verbal section (30 min)
- consists of 30 question on analogies, completions, and reading comprehension passages

3. Quantitative section (45 min)
- 14 comparison question and 10 discrete quantitative question.

4. Experimental section

regards
~> @$H!$H
9th June 2011, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

which of the following examination is easy
eaither GATE or GRE/TOFEL............?
2nd July 2011, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to work for two or three years after doing my bachelor degree before I go for MS?
17th May 2012, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

is the additional course helpful for the placement in 2nd year.....
27th May 2012, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

sir can we join for ms after completing bca degree
2nd December 2012, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

sir, I am studying 2nd yr B-tech(biotechnology ) do I need any extra qualification .
31st March 2013, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Is there any rule that we should not exceed more than 11 certificates in our btech degree ?
31st March 2013, 08:31 PM
krrishh_002

Quote:
which of the following examination is easy
eaither GATE or GRE/TOFEL............?

Hello dear,

Most of the people confused between whether to take GRE or GATE for further Studies.

For deciding this we can take certain Factors.

1. Syllabus

GATE examination is purely technical lots of knowledge about your subjects required.

A vast syllabus and very difficult if you don't know basics also.

GATE exam is not that tough for those who are good at academics
and have a knowledge of each and evry topic of there core.

Specially if mathematics is good then its easy for them to Qualify

on the other hand,

GRE is purely based on knowledge of English.

Difficult words, great vocabulary needed.

Fast reading and understanding the para.

Synonyms and antonyms etc are to be studied.

If your good at English you can go for it.

2. FEE STRUCTURE

GATE examination has a fee of 1200 for general candidates where as 10000 for writing GRE.

Also, For studying in IITs you need few thousand around 4-5 lacs and you can also get scholarship under MHRD.

Studying abroad is much costly specially in US at least 20 lacs is needed, and taking loan is also a burden.

3. Higher studies or Job

GATE is for M Tech as well as Govt jobs, you can go either way after your score at GATE.

GRE is only for Masters Abroad.

TOEFL is also a English based examination If you prepare for GRE , TOEFL is also easy for you.

Take all the criteria and decide ,

Both are tough as well as simple , depends on your interest and having knowledge
on subjects.

All the Best!!

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?