whats the qualifying mark for nda exam..coud u please give me the details

12th April 2013, 05:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualifying marks required for NDA exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanasmurcb View Post

NDA Stands for National Defence Academy examination and NDA is conducted twice in a year by Union Public Service Commission .

If you have completed 12th standard from recognized board with science department you are applicable for NDA exam.Commerce and arts student are applicable for only Indian Army wings.

Final year student are applicable for NDA exam.

But your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidate are applicable for NDA exam.You must have citizenship of India.

NDA I 2013 Cut Off Marks :-

The Cut Off is expected around 350-400 Marks out of 900 marks for NDA I 2013 Exam.

From this cut off marks you can imagine the actual cut off marks for NDA exam .

The individual cut off for each subject will be around 25-35%.

Every qualifying marks is changed .So if You can get chance if you score at least 50% in all subject.

13th April 2013, 09:37 AM
k chanchal
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanasmurcb View Post

Hello Aspirant,

NDA means National Defence Academy & the exam is conducted twice in a year by UPSC in order to select suitable candidates to study in NDA for a perod of three years & then to get training in the respective branch of Air Force,Army & Navy.After that the students are posted as an officer in the respective wing.

Qualification Required:
-

Inter qith math & physics for Air force wing & science or atrs or commerce students for Army or Navy services.

No marks restriction.

Exam is for 900 marks of two papers namely Math & General Ability Test,300 & 600 marks respectively.

The students will have to qualify in both the papaers separately.Of course there is no fixed qualifying marks,but if any one gets 50% & more are expected to be qualified.

Also the candidates should not have colour blindness & be physically fit according to standard prescribed.

Good luck.
13th April 2013, 10:29 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

First of all I would like to give your small introduction about the NDA exams.

NDA that is National defense services examination is organised every year twice by the examination conducting council that is UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for this exam:

>>10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board.

>>Age limit:16.5-19 years.

>>Nationality : Indian.

>>Martial status : Unmarried only.

>>Male candidates are only allowed.

>>You should be physically fit.

Examination pattern:

Now discussing about query .

Friend,to be very frank it is not the same every year .The basic thing is that UPSC sets every year a new qualifying marks depending upon the no of candidates it has to take and the lowest marks above which it can select candidates.

However if you secure around 50-60% marks in each subject of the examination then there are chances that you may get selected.

For any more details ,you may visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
14th April 2013, 01:05 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

The criteria of qualifying marks is not the same every year .The basic thing is that UPSC sets every year a new qualifying marks depending upon the no of candidates it has to take and the lowest marks above which it can select candidates.

There is no fixed qualifying marks,but if any one gets 50% & more are expected to be qualified for NDA exam.

The Exam Pattern for written test is as under-

1. Mathematics of 300 marks
2. General ability of 600 marks

The students will have to qualify in both the papers separately.

Also the candidates should not have colour blindness & be physically fit according to standard prescribed.
15th April 2013, 10:58 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of NDA is National defense Academy.

Union Public Service Commission organizes National Defense Academy exam every year for two times as NDA-I and II respectively.

National Defense Academy exam is organized in these two months below mentioned:-

# April.

# August.

Union Public Service Commission changes every year percentage criteria for National Defense Academy exam; and on that percentage basis, every year opponents are selected.

But, opponents should be secured 80% marks in all subjects for qualifying for National Defense Academy exam.

National Defense Academy exam is organized for Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy.

The educational qualifications regarding with National Defense Academy exam are below mentioned:-

# Opponents must have finished their 12th class from any approved institution.

# Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics curriculum should be in 12th class for Indian Air Force and Indian Navy.

# Arts and Commerce curriculum should be in 12th class for Indian Army.

# Opponents of last year of 12th class are also preferable for this exam.

The age criteria and relaxation regarding with National Defense Academy exam are below mentioned:-

# 16.5-19 years.

# Relaxation:- There is no need of relaxation for age assumed to any category opponents.

# Opponents must be unmarried male.

# Citizenship:- Opponents must be Indian.

# Opponents must be fit.

Thanks.

15th April 2013, 11:38 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The cut off for NDA depends on various factors and it is not same every year.

So you have to prepare with your best efforts and give your best in the examination if you want to qualify for NDA.

If you are talking about previous year cut off then it is given below:

-The cut off in NDA I 2012 was around 350 marks out of 900 marks.

-There was individual cutoff also in the examination which was 27% in each subject.

So you must ensure that you score above these marks if you want to make yourself safe.

The qualifying marks depends upon the number of vacancies and the difficulty level of the examination.

Hence cut off may vary according to these factors.

Cutoff marks doesn't mean that you will get selected after achieving these marks.

In the end those who have scored more marks in written and SSB will get selected for the NDA.

So it will be good for you to aim at very good marks rather than only qualifying marks.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th May 2013, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

dear sir

tell me please . if i have got 80% MARKS IN 12th class . can i select with out written exam in national defence academy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?