23rd August 2012, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

What is the requirement qualification for the post of drug inspector?

What are the qualification is required for the post of drug inspector?

24th August 2012, 09:04 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the requirement qualification for the post of drug inspector?

Around 5 percent of the medicines in the market are fake. Every 1 in 10 medicines in Delhi are fake. This is a very serious situation that concerneds the health and safety of the people of India like you and me.

How this situation can be tackled. Well the constitution has made arragement for that. The Drugs and Cosmetics Act of 1945 has given powers to the drug inspector to visit pharmacies, drug manufacturing stores, storage places and check whether the drugs kept meet the rules and regulation set by the central government of India.

A drug inspector can check various things like the licence to manufacture drugs, what substance are being used and even check the Sanitation, purity and grading of the drugs and cosmetic products to ensure all the guidelines set by the central government are being met.

If required drug inspector can take sample of the product and send it for laboratory analysis. If found out that certain drugs are violating the regulations of the government, drug inspector can immediately seal the pharmacy and call for the enquiry against the owner.

This is the primary responsibility of drug inspector. Now to become drug inspector, candidate is required to appear in entrance exam either conducted by the UPSC or state PSC. It really depends whether you want job in central government or the state government level.

Eligibility

1. The candidate who is applying for drug inspector should be Indian Citizen.

2. The age limit is 21 to 33 years for the drug inspector exam.

3. There is 3 years relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidates.

4. For SC/ST candidates there is five years relaxation.

5. To become drug inspector, candidate must hold graduation degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharma), Pharmaceutical Sciences or Medicine.
24th August 2012, 11:21 AM
Sampath84
Junior Member+

Default Re: What is the requirement qualification for the post of drug inspector?

Hai,

Kindly find the below mensioned details

Eligibility Criteria:

If you want to apply for these posts,you should have a minimum eligibility criteria that is as follows

Educational Qualifications:

A candidate must posses a graduation in pharmacy or pharmaceutical Science or Medicine With Specialization in Clinical Pharmacology or Microbiology from an University established in Indian Law.

Age limits :

If any candidate one who want to apply for these posts that candidate should attained minimum age is 18 years and not maximum 36 years for General Category Candidates.

All the best........
2nd November 2012, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

i heard that we need to have some work experience after B-pharm to become drug inspector, what kind of work experience is required?? whether its industrial/ clinical/marketing/????
30th May 2013, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

which exam i have to face for drug inspector ?
10th August 2013, 02:49 PM
jaryal12

how much % require for aaply drug inspector post
16th October 2013, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

I would like to ask one information regarding for drug inspector job. sir I did my master in MSc biotechnology & I have 4 year experience in biotech industry, my age is 36 year. So I am eligible or not.
3rd January 2014, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a B.pharma graduate and having 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical industries,is there anything required to to fullfill the criteria to give exam of drug inspector?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?