5th January 2011, 10:01 PM
Md.Nawajish

What is the role of CGPA score if you want to settle abroad as a good programmer? How to become a good programmer?

I am student of CSE.i want to be a good programmer and also want to settle in foreign country(USA,Australia).In this case what is the role of CGPA for my target????how to be good programmer

6th January 2011, 11:08 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the role of CGPA score if you want to settle abroad as a good programmer? How to become a good programmer?

role of CGPA is very much important to study in abroad.

for further study or work in a company only knowledge is not sufficient. you must have good marks also. even there are so many examination for which you will not be eligible if you do not have good CGPA. at the time of study or job in abroad they first check your marks in your career. so you should try to get maximum CGPA for you and also good knowledge in subject.

to be a good programmer you must have the good knowledge on that particular computer language. for this you should try to do various type of program in that language. try to study some good books.

best wishes.
6th January 2011, 11:38 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the role of CGPA score if you want to settle abroad as a good programmer? How to become a good programmer?

At fresher you can not be settled at abroad.Because no body knows your skill,CGPA is not an important factor.All companies want skills.

You need to start from your home company,after minimum five years you can produce your skill set.To join in an Indian company 60% is enough.And personal development of your programming is very essential.
6th January 2011, 11:47 AM
sabav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md.Nawajish View Post
I am student of CSE.i want to be a good programmer and also want to settle in foreign country(USA,Australia).In this case what is the role of CGPA for my target????how to be good programmer
dear friend, its better you can maintain a good cgpa to get abroad admission. To become a good programmer first develop you logic thinking and refer datastructure books improve your efficient programing knowledge in any language. All the best
6th January 2011, 12:09 PM
saswata06

Achieving good CGPA definitely have an edge over other candidates but you must also be strong on that particular language.You must be very sharp in your thinking.Then you will definitely be a good programmer.
6th January 2011, 02:15 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

hi friend,
as you say that you are a cse student then you can be a good programmer and marks play a important role in abroad study,if you have good score then you can achievi good job.
6th January 2011, 04:13 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

If u want to go abroad, then CGPA is going to play a big role ...but not only cgpa also the projects done by u and extra activities also play an enough role to get good college.
Maintain good contacts with your professors and try to get recommendation letters from them.
23rd July 2011, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

high cgpa is not a good predicter for future performance to the candidate
6th September 2012, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Dear friends i am doing BSc(IT) from NIIT which is open University . My question is can i apply for MCA or for any Government jobs after completing graduation ?? I am really passionate in programming and want to continue in future and want to get job from there . But NIIT doesn't provide Maths in their curricullum . So is there any chance or hope for me to continue my dream ??

Thanks in advance .
7th October 2013, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

is 7.4 a good cgpa score in class 10 cbse for software engineer..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?