1st March 2019, 12:00 PM
y krishnapriya

What is the scope of studying BSc(Astrophysics)?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am interested to study Astrophysics in my BSc course. However, I don't know what is the scope of this course? Please let me know about the scope as soon as possible. Waiting for your response!

4th March 2019, 08:54 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope of studying BSc(Astrophysics)?

Scope of studying BSc( Astrophysics):-

Astronaut

Research Scientist

Astronomer

University Faculty

These graduates can also get a job at NASA.

Other opportunities are in the government institutions such as ISRO and DRDO.
6th March 2019, 10:36 PM
bokoma
Member+

There are few things one should consider before opting for BSc in Astrophysics.
Astrophysics is a specialization course which is generally taken in post graduation.One can take Astrophysics in BSc given that they work hard continuously throughout the graduation period.It is not like other graduation courses like Computer science ,Mechanical or Civil Engineering where even just passing will fetch you some job opportunities as the spectrum of job opportunity is wide.The job opportunities for astrophysics graduates is relatively low.Therefore the student needs to have real interest in the subject.You can do MSc and PhD to further increase your job opportunity.Some of the jobs like professor in universities,Junior research fellow etc.If you are not that interested then choose BSc physics and after if you are still interested you can do your MSc in Astrophysics.As physics is a broader subject the job opportunities are also high.At the end your determination for the subject matters
With regards.
8th March 2019, 09:38 PM
Anagha Sudheesh

The Indian Institute of Astronomers and several other Astronomical Institutions offer the job opportunity as Junior Research Scientist after completing the course successfully.After experience and achievements job opportunities are available with famous government institutes like DRDO and ISRO.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?