3rd October 2010, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

What should B.Tech CSE student do to get placed in good software companies?

hello sir i m d student of Btech final year from CS branch.. after Btch i want 2 get job in an software company so i want 2 kw what should i prepare for getting placed in any company..nd how can i apply in any company for getting job .....

Related Questions:
  1. What importance does the software companies give to year gap in academics?
  2. How to do MS in CSE? I have 4 years experience in software
  3. What are the jobs after M.Tech in software engineering?
  4. How to get a job in core companies and software companies?
  5. What do software companies expect from freshers? I am a B.Tech passout from CSE stream
  6. Am I eligible to get selected in Infosys or good software companies? What all things we have to learn to get selected in Infosys or other good companies?
  7. For which software companies am I eligible after scoring 86.2% in 10th, 76% in 12th and 60.67% in B.Tech?
  8. Eligibility criteria in software companies for CSE students?
  9. Can I get good Job in Software Companies having an academic gap of 5 years between 12th Class and B.Tech?
  10. List of some non GATE colleges or universities for M.Tech in software engineering? I am a B.Tech CSE final year student
  11. What should B.Tech CSE student do to get placed in good software companies? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Software companies offering Internship to B.Tech student in Hyderabad?
  13. Software companies offering Internship to B.Tech(CSE) 3rd year student in Pune? Procedure to apply?
  14. Am I eligible for software companies? I've secured 54% in 10th, 57% in 12th and 65% in B.E(CSE)
  15. What are the government jobs after doing B.Tech CS?
  16. Detailed information about private sector jobs other than Software Developer for B.Tech(CSE) student?
  17. List of various software companies offering 6 months internship to CSE 6th semester student in Andhra Pradesh? -- [New]
  18. What's the eligibility criteria for getting a job as a software engineer in software companies?
3rd October 2010, 09:13 PM
dharmdeom

Default Re: What should B.Tech CSE student do to get placed in good software companies?

u should prepare for your soft skills,good communication skills, and now its time to become diplomat and professional.
In technical point of view....take full command on your favorite subject and on computer languages....u will succeed.
best of luck for your future....
3rd October 2010, 10:28 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What should B.Tech CSE student do to get placed in good software companies?

hii..
u should be clear in ur fundamentals.

u should prepare for your soft skills,good communication skills, and now its time to become diplomat and professional.
In technical point of view....take full command on your favorite subject and on computer languages....

good luck.
3rd October 2010, 11:07 PM
Nucleusdev

If you want placement in in any software company then you need deep knwledge about JAVA and WINDOWS 7 .because window7 is latest if you have deep knowledge thats your plus point for your placement.
4th October 2010, 12:20 AM
yogeshyadav

Dear friend,
In technical point of view....take full command on your favorite subject and on computer languages....u will succeed.
best of luck for your future....
4th October 2010, 12:52 AM
mseetharamster

1)maintain an aggregate of 75% and in the worst case >60%.........
almost all companies need 60% above but while taking placements from a top college they increase the aggregate so 75% makes you eligible for any top company of the world.
2)aptitude and problem solving skills must be developed for clearing first round of selection
3)keep reading news on recent issues in paper,books on Group discussion helps you to clear Group Discussion
4)Communication skills the final interview with HR(the person that selects you for job)
Communication skills can be achieved by watching English movies,shopping,chatting.But shopping gives you perfect results
4th October 2010, 01:33 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

yes dear i dont know your name but i will tell you some tips regarding jobs.
as you have told you are CSE student then i think you will not face any problem in geting placement from your college because mainly all the company visited to the campus is almost software company.so you can get placement easiely if follow certain things like
1-do apptitute from RS AGRAWAL
2-REASONING FROM RS AGRAWAL
3-C++
4-GD
5-interview oriented questions
all the best
4th October 2010, 04:10 PM
aotiwari

Smile Re: What should B.Tech CSE student do to get placed in good software companies?

To get placed in good companies you need to firstly see where you stand,

1) You need to satisfy their criteria of marks (for eg : throughout 58% or 60%)
Sol: Only marks can help you out ( nothing else)
2) You need to have good aptitude ( Aptitude test is a must).
Sol: Solve apti questions as much as possible.
See the companies previous question papers from the web ( 70 to 80% are repeated)
3) TI & PI
Sol: You need to have good communication skills for this.
Prepare hobbies and your curriculum subjects perfectly to clear this.
4) Have some great achievements under your belt.
Sol: Participate in extracurricular activities or some additional courses or certifications which will fetch you job very easily.
5) Last but not least Have confidence & passion to get it.

Best of LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!11
4th October 2010, 05:19 PM
phanindra kumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir i m d student of Btech final year from CS branch.. after Btch i want 2 get job in an software company so i want 2 kw what should i prepare for getting placed in any company..nd how can i apply in any company for getting job .....
friend first you prepare for technical and attitude that is for written test then you will prepare for g.d that is enought for the job.
4th October 2010, 06:39 PM
dodyaady

aptitude and problem solving skills must be developed for clearing first round of selection
is the basic test conducted by many software companies u can get some test paper from the following site
www.logicfunda.com
www.indiabix.com
4th October 2010, 09:43 PM
Saikiran M

Thumbs up Re: What should B.Tech CSE student do to get placed in good software companies?

Quote:
Dear Friend,

In software companies, there are two sides for CSE students to operate namely..
Technical and Programming. So its upto you what you decide for and what you keep interest for...

If technical, concentrate on the subjects like Comp. Org., DBMS, SE, STM, CG mainly..

If Programming, concentrate mainly on Languages C,C++, JAVA, and IS, OS, Compiler Design, PPL Subjects...

If you sincerely possess perfection in at-least 1/4 of the subjects stated
above, also have a good knowledge on C and OOP, you can clear all
interviews in major software companies...

But again your skills and abilities in various aspects also play a major role in interviews.

Keep all this in mind and work accordingly, surely you will get placed in atleast middle scale IT companies...

So, keep studying as much as you feel interested and rest forget and party...
But always work according to your aims.

Good Luck.
5th October 2010, 04:58 PM
meeria

dear friend

do to get placed in good software companies like TCS,CTS ,INFOSYS
then you have to clear apptitute test which organize by company itself you can
follow bellow book to qualify apptitute test

secondly you have to good communication power
finally you have to at least 4 subject clear knowledge
like subject DBMS,DS,JAVA,compiler .............etc
7th October 2010, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

how can mechanical engineer can shift to software industries
7th January 2011, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

i am studying in btech cse and if i want to get a job in any copanies what can i get what are career option in job
8th January 2011, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare CSE student
10th January 2011, 06:06 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: What should B.Tech CSE student do to get placed in good software companies?

Quote:
Dear friend,
Firstly secure minimum 60% of marks in b.tech...
and increase your technical skill and communication skill...
4th February 2011, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare 2nd year csestudent
25th February 2011, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for gd?
20th March 2011, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

I am dng b.tech from cse branch till now my aggrigate is 58% i am really in great passion to get a job in any one of the company what shoud i do for it........................
22nd March 2011, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

i want to know the test name , conducted every month in bangalore and that test score of more than 85%
is accepted by all software companies for giving job
23rd March 2011, 09:55 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -
1)maintain an aggregate of 75% and in the worst case >60%.........
almost all companies need 60% above but while taking placements from a top college they increase the aggregate so 75% makes you eligible for any top company of the world.
2)aptitude and problem solving skills must be developed for clearing first round of selection
3)keep reading news on recent issues in paper,books on Group discussion helps you to clear Group Discussion
4)Communication skills the final interview with HR(the person that selects you for job)
Communication skills can be achieved by watching English movies,shopping,chatting.But shopping gives you perfect results.
thanks.
23rd March 2011, 03:26 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hiiiiiii,

Apply for the entrance exam.

Eligibility for INFOSYS, TCS, IBM, SATYAM, WIPRO etc. are as follows: -

1. Pass B.E. or B.Tech. or B.Sc or MCA or M.E. or M.Tech. or M.S. or M.Sc with minimum 65 % aggregate marks from a regonised institute / university.

2. No standing backlogs are allowed.

3. GAP should not be more than 2 years in the education.

4. M.Tech. and MCA students having minimum 3 years experience.

5. 10th with Science & 12th standard with PCM - Minimum 60 % aggregate marks from a regonised board.

Best of Luck
26th March 2011, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

hi i am nikhil ,these days companies are cmng in campus and select candidates of cse and give them work in their bpo (call centeres) so wat should we do abt that is that for we are dng btech.
22nd April 2011, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my btech from IT dept.....iam very confused abiut next can u suggest me
30th April 2011, 09:18 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

3-C++
4-GD
5-interview oriented questions
11th May 2011, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,in 10th i have only got 50% and in 12th 57%,and in B.E i have get 65%.so it is possible that i get placed in good software companies
28th May 2011, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to know that after completing our b.tech course what we do in the company as a computer science student
29th May 2011, 01:31 AM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,

Technical and Programming. So its upto you what you decide for and what you keep interest for...

If technical, concentrate on the subjects like Comp. Org., DBMS, SE, STM, CG mainly..

If Programming, concentrate mainly on Languages C,C++, JAVA, and IS, OS, Compiler Design, PPL Subjects...

But again your skills and abilities in various aspects also play a major role in interviews.

Keep all this in mind and work accordingly, surely you will get placed in atleast middle scale IT companies...

Thanks
21st June 2011, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am having only 62% in btech i would like to do job after my b.tech plz tell me what are the requirements to get a good i mean what should i know
28th June 2011, 10:13 PM
swastik08

hi dear,

thanks
28th June 2011, 11:51 PM
fazlu
Member+

secure 75% aggregate and work hard take the more concept of programming language
this will more benefit for you.you will get better placement by top companies.Communication skills the final interview with HR(the person that selects you for job)
Communication skills can be achieved by watching English movies,shopping,chatting.But shopping gives you perfect results.
31st August 2011, 04:43 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
You should have knowledge about the basic language.It will good for you.You should clear your all fundamentals related to programming language.If you want a job in software company then its very important to have a good knowledge about a perticular field.So you can do you work in the company.You should choose any programming language which helps you for your future.Java is the best option for you in my suggestion.If you have the knowledge about c and c++ language than you can learn java language very easily.
So do hard work and do regularly programming which helps to get a job in software company.

All the best.
3rd September 2011, 05:09 PM
manoj rajpurohit

For placings in good software companies you must have good communication skills. you have to know English very well. now come to the technical field, you should clear all the fundamental of your programming language that you have chosen.
c language is the base of all the programming language, so in the interview c`s fundamental are always asked. so you should prepare all the fundamentals of it.
beside this you also have some knowledge of the Linux and basic of operating system and networking.
In networking the question are asked from the layers in the communication fundamental and the connection establishments.
21st October 2011, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

i m rafeeq studying engineering final year cs branch,,,what r the difficulties i want to face to get the job
21st October 2011, 09:33 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you want to be a good software developer then you will have to remember these terms and conditions.

1.You will have to be strong in your subjects and you will have to carry minimum 60% marks

2.You should have good communication skill.

3.You should be conscious about backlogs because normally IT companies does not allow any pending backlogs.

During interview you must remember these factors :

1.Do not panic.They don't kill you.
2.Do not hesitate.
3.Do not lie.They will proof that you are lying.
4.Explain each question with an example.
5.say i don't know what you don't know.
30th March 2012, 04:04 PM
jobsee

You need to have good aptitude ( Aptitude test is a must).
See the companies previous question papers from the web ( 70 to 80% are repeated)
3) TI & PI
30th March 2012, 04:07 PM
jobsee

You need to have good aptitude ( Aptitude test is a must).
3) TI & PI
26th September 2013, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

ur pattern is good for selecting s/w's
27th January 2014, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

i completed my b tech computer science 2012 passed out but my aggregate is 57% so i cant move to it .Every company is asking more than 65%. can u say which one will be best.there will be small company which they give training with placements.less aggreate guys what they need to do
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?