2nd May 2013, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after passing 12th? I want to go for engineering studies

what should i do after 12th as i have sc stream(phy chem math & biology)??? i want to go for engineering studies...plz let me know what stream of engineering should i like????

4th May 2013, 12:24 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after passing 12th? I want to go for engineering studies

Dear Friend

As you have mentioned that you have done your 10+2 with the subjects including physics,chemistry and mathematics ,and you want to pursue your bachelor's degree in engineering / technology.I would appreciate you for this.

Really Good thinking.

Now coming to the your query,

In order to go for the engineering ,you need to write a test that is called ISEET which has started from the year 2013 ,previously there were lots of engineering like AIEEE,IIT JEE ,and many state engineering exams.

ISEET stands for the Indian Science Engineering Eligibility test.It will consists of two stages :

1.JEE Main exam

2.JEE advanced exam.

Candidates who will qualify main exam will only allowed to sit for the advanced exam.Minimum of 50 % marks is required for the main exam in 10+2.

Now % of 10+2 marks will play a vital role in selection for the top institutes like IIT,NIT ,IIIT etc.

So if you have better % of marks in 10+2 you will get an edge over others in advanced exam.

All streams are equally good ,it totally depends upon your interest in which field you want to go ahead.However I would suggest you to join any one of the core branches of engineering as core branches are evergreen always like electrical,mechanical,civil etc.

The important dates for the ISEET exam for this year is already over.You should wait for the next year.

Hope the information helps you.If you have any problem then please leave your message here.

all the best.

aashisranjan784
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?