2nd May 2013, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after passing 12th? I have EC stream and want to go for engineering studies

what should i do after 12th as i have sc stream(phy chem math & biology)??? i want to go for engineering studies...plz let me know what stream of engineering should i like????

3rd May 2013, 08:26 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after passing 12th? I have EC stream and want to go for engineering studies

You can apply for the Engineering graduation course. The requirement is the candidate should complete 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Since you have done that, it is possible to apply for B.Tech.

To get admission you will have to appear for entrance exam. There are several entrance exams conducted on state level, national level and even by some private colleges.

Popular entrance exams for Engineering are:

AIEEE

IIT-JEE

ISEET

BITSAT

UPSEE

AIEEE and IIT-JEE used to be the national level entrance exams. However they have been scrapped and replaced by the ISEET entrance exam. Several states have also replaced their existing entrance exam with ISEET. One such example is Maharashtra.

ISEET Eligibility

1. 12th standard from recognized board.

2. Physics, Chemistry and Maths should be subjects.

3. 40 percent or more marks in the board exams.

After clearing the ISEET you can apply for admission in colleges based on marks you have obtained in the entrance exam. There are various streams in Engineering but in my opinion the following are the best:

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Electronics and Communication Engineering
3rd May 2013, 02:04 PM
harithaveluru
Junior Member+

Default Re: What should I do after passing 12th? I have EC stream and want to go for engineering studies

"hi
you have better in mathematics ,solving problems you will choose ECE,and you good in logical thinking you go for CSE or IT,you have interest in designing buildings architecture you will go for civil engg and you interest in mechanical engineering you will go for that side
thank you"
3rd May 2013, 04:48 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what should i do after 12th as i have sc stream(phy chem math & biology)??? i want to go for engineering studies...plz let me know what stream of engineering should i like????
HI!
After passing from 12th with Physics, chemistry and Maths you are eligible for engineering.

For admission in top engineering college you have to qualigy thee entrance exam like:-
> I.I.T-J.E.E
> A.I.E.E.E
> S.R.M.E.E.E
> M.I.T.E.E.E
> V.I.E.E.E
> D.C.E-C.E.T
> State-P.E.T
> I.P-C.E.T
> E.M.C.E.T

Top Engineering college in India:-
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai
Hindustan Inst of Engineering Technology,
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering

ALL THE BEST!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?