10th March 2021, 03:38 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force after completing BTech(ECE)?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying BTech in ECE department. I want to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force. So, what should I do to achieve my aim after completion of my Graduation?

12th March 2021, 11:02 AM
jeet2porwal

Default Re: What should I do to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force after completing BTech(ECE)?

Follow given procedure to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force after completing BTech(ECE).

You should appear in UPSE CDS exam or AFCAT exam.

Clear any one exam or both , now if you could clear exam than you will get Call Letter for SSB INTERVIEW from Indian Air Force.

Now visit SSB Centre for interview clear each stage of interview.

Now go for Medical Test and wait for final merit list.

Your selection will be confirmed through Final Merit List.
12th March 2021, 05:31 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force after completing BTech(ECE)?

You can join Indian Air Force flying branch by giving CDS exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC once a year.

Eligibility Criteria for CDS exam:-

You must have a bachelor's degree from a recognised University.

Final year candidates can also appear.

For Air Force being your age must be between 19 to 23 years.

Application forms are available on www.upsc.gov.in.

Exam procedure:-

Written Exam

Personal Interview

Medical Test

For more information log on to :-www.upsc.gov.in
14th March 2021, 05:09 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

To become a pilot in IAF, you can join through CDS exam or AFCAT exam. You will be eligible for both entrance exams after completion of B.Tech from ECE.

CDS Exam is conducted by UPSC for recruitment to Military academy, Air force academy, Naval academy. It is conducted twice in a year.

You should have attained the age of 19 years and must have not attained the age of 23 years.

Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.

For CDS exam, you can visit UPSC Online site: https://upsconline.nic.in/. Application forms can be filled through this site, once it is released by UPSC.

On the other hand, AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.

AFCAT Exam is conducted for recruitment of candidates in various branches of Indian Air Force like Flying, Ground and Technical.

Qualifying this exam can get your recruited to Flying Branch, Ground Duty Branch or Technical Branch.

For AFCAT related details, you can visit their official site: https://afcat.cdac.in/AFCAT/

Notably, both the exams had been recently conducted in February 2021. So, AFCAT's notifications will release in November end, while CDS's notifications may release near June-July.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?