16th January 2012, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

What are the career opportunities in Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing Diploma course?

hello every one , I want to be a pilot in indian airforce, what should I require to do & for which type of examination should I prepare my self , what will be subjects , i am doing my diploma in cse branch now a days, should I also prepare my self for non - medical, as i joined my diploma course after my 10th standard, is diploma equivelant to +2

4th June 2012, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the career opportunities in Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing Diploma course?

eee branch in diploma. what types of jobs in air force?
5th June 2012, 07:00 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: What are the career opportunities in Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing Diploma course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello every one , I want to be a pilot in indian airforce, what should I require to do & for which type of examination should I prepare my self , what will be subjects , i am doing my diploma in cse branch now a days, should I also prepare my self for non - medical, as i joined my diploma course after my 10th standard, is diploma equivelant to +2
No diploma is not equivalent to 10+2. So if you want to join Indian Air force as a pilot you have to complete you 10+2. After the 10+2 you can apply through national defence academy examination. The details regarding the NDA examination is given below:

Examination Pattern

Important Dates for NDA I 2012 Exam
Release of Notification: October, 2011/2012

Submission of application form: November, 2011/2012

Date of Examination: April, 2012/2013

Important dates for NDA II 2012 EXAM:
Release of Notification: April,2012

Date for Online Registration: 05 May, 2012

Date of Online Registration: June 4, 2012

Date of Examination: August, 2012

For the national defence academy examination a candidate should be 10+2 pass and should have physics and maths at 10+2 for the Indian Air force and navy. Those appeared in the 10+2 exam are also eligible to apply for the national defence examination.

For the national defence academy examination candidate age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.
5th June 2012, 11:22 PM
guruvana244

Smile Re: What are the career opportunities in Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing Diploma course?

Well you have more or less 4 oppurtunities in whole life to do so.

1) NDA: National Defence Academy Exam is conducted by UPSC (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year. Selection is made through thre steps viz: Written Test of 900 marks based on +2 CBSE science and syllabus and combination of other subjects, secondly those who will qualify NDA will call for SSB, after that Medical Fitness test.

Exam are conducted mainly in April and September, keep reading employment news.

Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must be passed class 12 (PCM) with at least 60% aggregate. Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.

Age Limit: Candidate must not reach the age of 19 and 1/2 years before the commencement of training, which is generally held from 1 july every year.

2) CDSE: Combined Defence Service Examination, is conducted by UPSC (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year, basically in the month of April and September.

Eligibility Criteria: Candidate those who have passed there B.Tech with at least 60% aggregate including all semester and also have studied Physics and MAthematics at +2.

Those who are in there final year can also apply, but there should not be any Backlogs.

Age Limit: 23 years

3) NCC Special Entry Scheme: Candidates who holds at least NCC "C" Certificate in Air Wings od Senior Level.

Eligibility Criteria: Same as above

4) Short Servie Commission: Which are specially meant for recruiting Candidates in flying branch for 14 years of service. After end of period if they deserve will be granted permanent comission, if not then get placed in reputed companies like- Air India etc......

Eligibility Criteria: Same as above

5th June 2012, 11:26 PM
guruvana244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
eee branch in diploma. what types of jobs in air force?

hi

following are the three modes of entry to join the Flying branch:

Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)
You can take the Combined Defence Services Examination (written test conducted by UPSC) to join the Flying branch of the Indian Air Force. Men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission.

For applying through any of the entry points mentioned above, you must fulfil the following

eligibility criteria:

Marital Status
Single

Nationality
Indian

Educational Qualifications

Any Graduate ( Three Year Course )/ BE / B Tech( Four Year Course) with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlog.
No Percentage Bar for CDSE entry.
National Cadet Corps Special Entry ( Through CO NCC Unit / DG NCC )
As a Air Wing Senior division 'C' Certificate holder of the National Cadet Corps, you can apply to the Flying branch of the Indian Air Force. Men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission.
For applying through any of the entry points mentioned above, you must fulfil the following

eligibility criteria:

Marital Status
Single

Nationality
Indian

Any Graduate Degree ( Three year Course)/ BE / B Tech ( Four Year Course) with minimum 60 % marks in Aggregate in all papers put together in Graduation with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlog and min 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year/ semister.
NCC Air Wing Senior Division 'C' certificate

Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission (For Men & women) with Term of Engagement of 14 Years with no further extension
Both men and women are eligible to apply for short service commission in the flying branch. ” Short Service Commission in Flying branch is for 14 years with no further extension.

eligibility criteria:

Marital Status
Single

Nationality
Indian

This is applicable to both men and women.

Any Graduate Degree ( Three year Course)/ BE / B Tech ( Four Year Course) with minimum 60 % marks in Aggregate in all papers put together in Graduation with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlog and min 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year/ semister

All the very best...
26th February 2014, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the career opportunities in Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing Diploma course?

i am a student of diploma in mechanical. after diploma, i will do B.E. of three year course, so can i apply for the pilot in afcat or cdse on the base of diploma or three year B.E. course?
8th December 2015, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

I am studying diploma in aeronautical engg after my 10th what kind of job I may expect in Indian Air force. what qualification is required for pilot.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?