23rd December 2011, 07:08 PM
muralicp24

After completing Polytechnic how to join Indian Air Force as a Pilot?

Sir, i m krihna i complete my polytechnic I want to join Indian Air Force as a
pilot. Plz guide me how i can prepare for it.

28th January 2012, 11:46 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After completing Polytechnic how to join Indian Air Force as a Pilot?

After completing your Polytechnic you have to appear for the Combined Defense Service exam which is conducted by UPSC. The minimum age limit is 19 years and maximum age limit is 23 years. To know more refer the official website: http://upsc.gov.in
For the upcoming CDS exam forms will be available from 02.06.2012 till 02.07.2012 for the written test to be held on 16.09.2012.
12th February 2012, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: After completing Polytechnic how to join Indian Air Force as a Pilot?

I am also a polytechnic student..but i want to become a pilot?any other way to join as a pilot in air india?
28th February 2012, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

IAM A POLYTECH STUDENT AM I POSSIBLE TO STUDY PILOTING IN INDIA[TAMILNADU]
26th March 2012, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to ask that i am a mail my hight is 5.5 can ijoin air force
26th March 2012, 10:41 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralicp24 View Post
HI!
Friend I am sorry to say that after completing polytechnic course you are not eligible for Indian Air force.

If you want to join Indian Air force then you have to pass graduation with physics and maths.
After that you have to qualify the Entrance C.D.S exam.

C.D.S is Combine Defence Services.

C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

The age limit for C.D.S exam is 19-24 year.
For Indian Air force age limit is 19-23 year.

There are three steep of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
31st March 2012, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

sir,im suraj ,i want to become a pilote,help me sir.my nu 9640811058
18th April 2012, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am yogesh gupta , i have paased 12th , i want to be a pilot in air force. what should be eligibility for it.plz guide me sir
my e-mail id is
[email protected]
30th April 2012, 05:05 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

If you want to join Indian Air force then you have to pass graduation with physics and maths.After that you have to qualify the Entrance C.D.S exam.C.D.S is Combine Defence ServicesC.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.The age limit for C.D.S exam is 19-24 year.
For Indian Air force age limit is 19-23 year.The minimum age limit is 19 years and maximum age limit is 23 years. To know more refer the official website: http://upsc.gov.in For the upcoming CDS exam forms will be available from 02.06.2012 till 02.07.2012 for the written test to be held on 16.09.2012.
26th May 2012, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=muralicp24;1553255]Sir, i m varun i complete my polytechnic I want to join Indian Air Force as a
5th January 2013, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

hi sir my name is rajendraprasad I compleated polytechnic diploma in ece brance what are the posts related to my study in airforce or indian navy
19th June 2013, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am just pass in ssc with 89.27% & i want to become pilot in IAF so please give me NDA exam's sample question papers.please sir please!
26th June 2013, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,
I am pritesh maurya and now complted my diploma engg in mechanical stream.
sir i want to join indian airforce as a pilot please kindly give me suggestion how can i join indian air force.
and also tell me that if its not elligble for applly then what may i do my b.tech. In mechanical and aftr that can i join this?? And what the age limit???
my no- 07383237135
30th June 2013, 09:42 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralicp24 View Post
Sorry to inform you that you will not be able to apply for Indian Air-Force after completing your Diploma course,If you have taken admission in Diploma course after completing your Class 10 education.However if you have taken admission in Diploma course after completing your Intermediate course then you will able to apply for Indian Air-Force Exam(NDA).
There are two exam conducted by Indian Air-Force for recruitment.These are :
  • AFCAT(Air-Force Common Admission Test).
  • UPSC NDA(National Defence Academy).
Eligibility required for National Defence Academy :
  • You should have an Intermediate degree course from recognized state/central board/university.
  • Your minimum age should be 16.5 years and your age should not be above 19 years.
  • Your combination of subjects in Inter should be Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.
Eligibility required for AFCAT Exam :
  • Your minimum educational qualification should be bachelor degree in Engineering/Physics/Mathematics from recognized university.
  • Your minimum age should be 19 years and your age should not be above 24 years.
  • Your minimum marks in Bachelor degree course should be 60%.
Physical Standards required for becoming Indian Air-Force

1. Your minimum Height should be 162.5 cms.
  2. Your weight should not be above 65 kgs.
  3. Your minimum leg length should be 99 cms and not above 120 cms.
  4. Your minimum Thigh length should be 81.5 cms and should not be above 96 cms.
  5. Eye vision 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other.
  6. Manifest Myopia - Nil.
  7. If you have any eye problem then you can use Lasik Surgery to correct it.
  8. If you have any internal surgery then it should be done before 20 years.

For more details and recruitment notices please visit http://carrerairforce.nic.in/

26th July 2013, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

hi.i am ajay maskar i passed mechanicl engg.diploma i want joint airforce can i joint?
30th July 2013, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

hello sir my name is anup.i am pass 10th by 40%and i am in sc cast i want to join airforce
22nd August 2014, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

sir iam bhavana g iam passed in diploma with 65% can i join in air force as pilot 0r air hostels
plz give infomation about that & my email id is [email protected]
28th October 2014, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I m vivek jusr completed diplome in Computer Engineering (polytechnic)
Is m a eligible for IAF.
Please sir suggest me.
What m doing to join INDIAN AIR FORCE.
16th November 2018, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

My self gokul Sahu. After completing polytechnic how
To join Indian air force as a any department??
Sir please help me.
My email - [email protected]
1st August 2021, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Hlw sir , myself Madhurya . I want to join IAF after completing Politecnic at Technical Branch. Please Help me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?