20th July 2011, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to improve my programming skills?

i am nikhil from solapur,i completed my be[cse]but i am very weak in progamming then what will i do

21st July 2011, 12:35 AM
vivekdas.raja

Smile Re: What should I do to improve my programming skills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am nikhil from solapur,i completed my be[cse]but i am very weak in progamming then what will i do
hello,
just practice it more then your satisfaction level so that you can learn it by heart................
21st July 2011, 01:17 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to improve my programming skills?

If you are weak in programming, then I will advise you to read a book thoroughly of very easy language.

For example, For improving C programming skills, Let Us C by Yashwant Kanetkar ia the best book...the language is so simple and you would love to read it.

For improving JAVA programming skills, A concept on JAVA by Balaguruswamy is the best.

So don't go for tough language books.

Secondly, practice at home by writing the codes in computer.

Thirdly, you can take coaching classes...

By doing these your programming skills will definitely improve.

All the best!
21st July 2011, 01:36 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello,
To improve your programing skills you need to clear your fundamental concepts .Practice as much as you can and always stick to the basics.

You can start with small programs and check their viability. small programs will make your concepts all the more clear and thus you would be able to move the bigger programs.....

Good Luck.......
21st July 2011, 02:44 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
dont panic just try out to make a software a simple software which can make your basic clear and wherever you get confused just try out google search to sort out your problem....
try sites like wiziq.com,cprogramming.com
it will make your basics clear
21st July 2011, 01:24 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

first of all programming is not so much difficult at all. but it needs special attention and also practice a lot and new thinking. if you want to improve your computer programming skill then start from the beginning.

first start with C programming. take admission in a computer institution under a good teacher. a good teacher will help you a lot to learn programming easily. in the beginning of programming there are so many question will come when you are just starting to write one program in C language. don't be confused here and don't think that you are not understanding everything. so it seems difficult to you. you will learn every thing day by day. actually in a programming there are so many things like header file, main function etc in case of C language and also in other language. when you will just learn to write a program how to print a name at this stage you will not know about header file and #include etc. actually later you will learn these things. so just concentrate on the things that is you are studying not all the things. after the end of C language learning you will learn everything.

i think in this way if you start with C language and if you can clear concept of C language very well then easily you will learn other computer language easily. you will be also a good programmer. buy good books of programming. after C learn C++ and JAVA programming.

best of luck.
21st July 2011, 01:30 PM
Arsalaan

hi,
Everything needs more and more practice.

As you have completed your BE in CSE ,then most probably you must be aware of the basics of C,C++,Java and other programming languages. If your basics are not clear first clear them.Then start from small programs.Further you need to have a good logical understanding of algorithms and its implementation.Small successes build the base for big ones.
Try to write the program yourself without copying it straight from book.

You can also join some training courses if you need extra help.

All the Best.......
21st July 2011, 01:45 PM
bijoysankar

Quote:
Do you know why you are weak in programming?Because you are weak in basic.You need lots of practices.First you try with the basic or small programs using c language.you can follow the book "Let us c" of yewant kanetkar.your concept will be cleared if you study this book.You read the book or any book sequentially from starting because in programming one topic is related to other topic.like if you don not know about array how will you go for pointer?
And one more thing you try to solve the programs in your own way.when you will be the master of basic c programming then you can easily solve other programms.once you know c-programming you will see other programming languages like c++,java are too easy for you.
21st July 2011, 06:33 PM
nick786

hi nikhil,
for better programming, innovative thinking is required. i will suggest you to go through the programming problems and puzzles in c language. try to solve it by implementing your own logic. if you cant crack the problem then have a look at its solution and try to find a better solution than that.

start with c language. and after that you can move on to c++, visual basic, java.

hope it helps.
21st July 2011, 08:19 PM
kunjeyan5282

Smile Re: What should I do to improve my programming skills?

You can practice for programs 2-3 times in a day.You can also go for programming language course from any coaching institute.
22nd July 2011, 02:14 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Hi,

Programming is very important for Computer student.there is nothing without programming for computer student.

C language is the base of all programming language.you have to started with C language.you have to practice of programms.for good programming your concept of C language should be clear.

Without concept you can't make good program.after C language you have to study C++ language which is related to C language.All computer language are based on these two language.

you have to make command on C and C++ language.if you are good in these two language all language will be very easy for you.all language use concept of these language.

If you are good in these language you can easily learn Java,PHP and other programming language.

for good programming you have to carefull about minor mistake as semicolen( which is alwys used after completion of any function.concept of all language are same but the way of programming is different.
22nd July 2011, 06:12 PM
aisham

Thumbs up Re: What should I do to improve my programming skills?

I am not aware so much about programming languages but I have done "Diploma in Business Intelligence" (1 year course), so I have learnt there 'C', 'C++', 'C#' etc., that was only one year but I had learnt programming very early. In Begining I had faced so many problems but afterwords I was very easy with programming.
You only need the thing is practise and give time to this and if still do not get the things you should do hardwork. As you are telling that you have done B.sc so its the time when your career is the viewpoint and you should try your best to grab the opportunity and not watching after losing it.
To conclude this I would like to say that you should do this under good guidance as you are also told above but always remember all that requires is your effort only and not of your teacher, they will only guide you and never be you.
Work hard.
All the Best.
19th August 2011, 01:22 AM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Hello,

If you have interest in programming fields it is terrific. C,C++ and java is programming languages. You can for coaching classes. J2EE is advanced of java. It is quite interesting. Java is 4 moths course. You have many job opportunities in software companies they are depending on fresher. Oracle is quite easy. So don't worry about it.

If you study c,c++ is very easy for you. Practice daily by doing on computers. Java -The Complete Reference by Herbert Schildt it has defined fully. Have a passion on what you do. Practice very well.

Best wishes
19th August 2011, 01:52 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
hi my friend
dont worry about this.programming is not as hard as u think.u can read books for refrence.in c language u can took refrence by let us c.its a very good book which give u the best knowledge.
For c++ u can choose vikas thada book for refrence.it help u very much.
For java u can choose vikas thada or herbert schildt for your refrence.
choose the language which do u like.
after choosing a language u should do practice regularly on your desktop.
or take classes from a better institute is also a very good step.
dont worry about this problem,these steps will help u for your better programming skills.

regards
amaan
20th August 2011, 12:40 AM
Sehwag6

hello friend,

programming skills is one of the main requirements of all IT companies.

it is so hard but you work hard with brain work.

first you should make perfect with any one programming language

the languages are c,c++ and java.

first you start with c and then go for c++ and java.

then write simple programs and then do complex programs

all the best
3rd September 2011, 11:35 PM
goutam1222

to improve programming skills only thing you need is to improve your logical thinking. think just like a math problem. i.e. first look "what is given". Then "what is asked" and "what are the available ways" to solve it .that's all you need my friend. one thing top add "how to implement the solution using a programming language"(language choice is yours).
5th September 2011, 12:35 AM
manoj rajpurohit

hi friend,

programming is not so hard that you are thinking it. It is very easy if you take full interest in it.for the good programming skills you can fallow these instruction.

You should read all the fundamental related to the language like in c you can refer the let us c by Yashwant kanetkar. this is very good book. all the fundamental of c are mentioned very clearly in it.

if you are interested in c++ then you can refer the Vikas thada and Balagurusamy.

in java you can refer the Herbert Shildt.
If you want to get more update then you can join the good institute. and you can look the web for these languages, because is full of the tutorials of these languages.
best of luck.
5th September 2011, 04:43 PM

To improve your programming skills practice is very very important. Practice makes you perfect.

all the best........
14th September 2011, 10:26 AM
kailashpradhan

To improve your programming skills practice exploring c,amiya kumar rath ,bala guruswami and kanneth kar.its enough if you practice well..........................
hardwork makes perfect to get success...........
all the best
14th September 2011, 07:08 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
It's not so difficult to become an Efficient programmer.
First you should have a detail knowledge regarding the Theory portion.
You should think about solving a program in as many ways as possible.
You should grasp the art of reducing the size of the program.
Just try to catch the main logic of the program first.
Then it will become much easier.
All the very best.
26th October 2011, 07:14 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
hii friend..here i can help you....to improve programming first concentrate on basic concepts....dont try to do program directly.......start from the basic concepts and do small programs initially and gradually increase the standard...this will help you.........
26th October 2011, 09:03 PM
sathish0038

Quote:
If you are weak in programming, then I will advise you to read a book thoroughly of very easy language.

For example, For improving C programming skills, Let Us C by Yashwant Kanetkar ia the best book...the language is so simple and you would love to read it.

For improving JAVA programming skills, A concept on JAVA by Balaguruswamy is the best.

So don't go for tough language books.

Secondly, practice at home by writing the codes in computer.

Thirdly, you can take coaching classes...

By doing these your programming skills will definitely improve.

All the best!
23rd June 2012, 08:57 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello friend..!!

(a)you should nothing to do;you should do more practice in it so that your fluency and sound become great in the programming.

(b)if you have no technical skills in the programming language then you should join some coaching center.

(c)start practicing from a small program and then goes on increase.

all the best..!!
23rd June 2012, 11:14 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello friend..!!
you should do nothing..

(a)you should do more practice for the programs in which you are week.

(b)start practices from the small program.

(c)apply more logic and sharp your mind.

(d)do for easy language books and don't go for tough language books.

(e)go for coaching classes to learn more programming.

(f)read the book FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY by balagoswami.

by doing these,your programming skills will definitely improve.

all the best...!!
30th June 2012, 01:42 PM
tanveersandhu

My Dear friend for improving your programming skills you should really work on your logic. Firstly think about what you want your program to do or achieve. Then think a ligic for achieving it. Then you have to convert that logic in the programming language code. This way it becomes quite easy. Rest it all depends on your practice. Your logic will become sharp by practice. Search the internet for more knowledge and study programming books. Then you will be able to express your logic into programming code. Thanks.
30th June 2012, 06:25 PM
padhakudkt

Practice
Write lots of programs, especially big programs. A lot of good practices become obvious once you've made the typical mistakes.
Writing small programs lets you write more programs in the same amount of time; this will improve some of your programming skills much more rapidly, but others not at all.
Modify existing programs written by other people. Reading code without having previous knowledge of it is a valuable skill - you can't debug without it --- and you don't get much practice with it when you're writing programs from scratch by yourself. If you reflect on what you've found hard to understand, it can also help you learn how to write maintainable code. Also, this lets you work on many more big programs than you would have time to write yourself from scratch, which helps a lot with those skills that only apply to large programs.

CodeReview
Find some good mentors and let them review your code, and try to do some PairProgramming with them.
Find some peers with whom you can review your code. People of similar skill levels can teach each other a lot. And this gets around problems with sharing your "bad code" with a senior person who might give you a harsher critique than you want (not to mention a bad performance review).
Learn from good programmers
ReadGreatPrograms.
Adapt some good code (I learned a lot about C idioms while adapting a Btree Index library in order to add compound key index feature).
Team with good programmers. Sit at their knees and learn. Emulate their habits. Do not insist they adopt your practices/tools/habits because you think you know a better/faster/cheaper way.
1st July 2012, 12:35 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

-->>You can develop your programming skills rapidly if and only if you have much interest on programming.

-->>You have to excercise more program and try to find new things in your programming.

-->>Do not pass any topic without understanding and try to catch the basic things of programming first.

-->>As you can study in groups that is very helpful for understanding the new things related to programming.

All the best................
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?