4th February 2016, 11:49 AM
taankrahul

What should I do to increase my salary in NBFC? What should I do for my career?

Dear Sir,
my self Rahul i am completed my b-com in 2013. Now i am working in NBFC but here is very low salary. So, please tell me that what i should do for my career. My english so weak

29th December 2016, 09:03 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What should I do to increase my salary in NBFC? What should I do for my career?

NBFC stands for Non Banking Financial Company. It is one of the best industries to work for when it comes to Financial Domain. The field of Finance is complex and it majorly comprises of a lot of different areas such as Investment, Banking, Insurance, Financing etc. However, each has its own set of importance and therefore one of the preferred fields of study since ever.

Coming to your case where your salary is low in one of the NBFCs and thus you wish to increase your take home. This can be done in a few ways as given below. See if you can adopt any of these in a fruitful manner:

1. Check your knowledge and performance about the work that you are doing in your company. Many a times there are people who do not work up to the mark, do not get promotions, do not get hikes and then complain about less salary. Thus, first of all it is important for you to understand your value in the company. If it is good, then we can think of other factors. But, if you think your work that you do does not add much value to the value then work towards improving your performance.

2. If your job involves hard work and you think you do it then it is time you talk to your manager about your performance. You have to get insights on where are you going wrong and what can be done to improve the same such that you can expect monetary benefits.

3. If you feel that your manager is also on the biased side, then it is time for you to change your job/company. Do not intimate your company as of now but start looking for other opportunities in the market. Financial industry has a lot of good companies and I see no reasons for you to stick to just a company that is offering no growth to you.

4. Make a good resume/CV and upload the same at the major job portals in India such as Shine, Timesjobs, Monster and Naukri. If you be good, you would immediately start getting interview calls and job offers from various companies.

5. Build on them and make a switch. Obviously you would get a salary hike as well as maybe hike in the position of responsibility too.

Otherwise, if you are not a post graduate already you must do that in the form of MBA. It would be a great value addition to your profile and would undoubtedly lead to a substantial increase in your salary as well. Consider the following steps towards doing that:

MBA stands for Masters of Business Administration which can be done by sitting for All India Entrances such as CAT, MAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, IIFT, etc. Once you crack one of these exams, you would be called for:

Group Discussion and Personal Interview

upon cracking which you would be granted admission to one of the best MBA colleges of this country. Study for one of the domains:

Finance
Marketing
Operations and IT
Human Resources

and then there would be a huge increment of salary in your next job.
30th December 2016, 03:23 PM
Sargeant
Member+

Default Re: What should I do to increase my salary in NBFC? What should I do for my career?

>>Criteria for increment in salary is different for different company, it depends upon the norms of particular company. Promotion is only given when there are vacancies in an organization, they can be filled up by the internal or external candidates.

>>Promotion at workplace is directly related to salary increment and promotions also comes with high responsibilities .Company knows very well the work-ability of employee working on current position, if company employers finds employee capability at work place indirectly affects on your promotions.

>>The longer you serve the company and give positive outcome also helps to promote candidate to higher levels. Therefore seniority is also the factor behind promotion.

>>Favoritism or due to lack of systematic promotion policy of companies employers also plays vital role. So increasing your presence in the company is also thing you should pay attention from the starting days at work.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?