4th September 2011, 01:44 AM
nitisha89

What should I do to join VLSI or Embedded course after engineering in ECE branch?

HI...I m done with my engg last yr in ec branch. i wasted my 1 yr doing nothing....m giving my gre tis sept..bt i dont expect much fr my exm..i vry worried abt my career. i wanna go fr sum courses in vlsi or embedded system....what shud i do..pls help....which course shud i opt for...

Related Questions:
  1. How to do M.Tech in IIT in VLSI and Embedded System Engineering? I have done B.Tech in Electronics and Computer Engineering
  2. Which subject I can major in M.Tech after completion of B.Tech ECE?
  3. Which is having more scope among Embedded systems, VLSI, Java, .net & networking? -- [New]
  4. Among embedded system and VLSI which one is a better stream to specialize in?
  5. After B.Tech with ECE branch VLSI training is better or not?
  6. Best training institutes for VLSI design training in bangalore? I am doing btech ece -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Courses in VLSI and Embedded Systems?
  8. Which is the right course, VLSI or Embedded System?
  9. Which is a better stream between VLSI, DIP or Embedded Systems?
  10. Am I eligible for the position of Associate Professor in Engineering College having completed B.Sc Honors in Physics, Masters in Electronic Science and M.Tech in VLSI & Embedded Design?
  11. Where could I pursue training while in ECE 3rd year in Embedded, Networking, VLSI? Best training centre in Mohali?
  12. Which field is better for me after passing ECE between VLSI, Embedded, N/W or Comm?
  13. Can I do Ph.D after completion of M.Tech in VLSI and Embedded systems?
  14. Can I get a job in VLSI domain having S.S.C 76.3%, Inter 73.6, B.Tech 58.68% (E.C.E) marks?
  15. List of top 10 universities in US for MS in VLSI or Embedded system
  16. Will I get VLSI, Embedded and DSSP branch after scoring 1450 rank in GAT?
  17. Does CDAC provides any short term course for 4 to 5 weeks? Which courses would be appropriate for my placements? Will the language course be beneficial or courses like embedded and VLSI is better?
  18. Is M.Tech Embedded Technology good course to do after ECE?
10th September 2011, 12:37 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to join VLSI or Embedded course after engineering in ECE branch?

it's a big mistake to waste one year without doing anything. at least you should learn some subject or you should do some training or course. if you do nothing for one year then this will be considered as gap in your career in your resume and it will be considered as bad effect.

but don't worry one year gap is not so much big deal. now if you become serious obviously you can do well. you have prepared for GRE for one year so there is a chance to clear GRE. but unfortunately if you are unable to clear GRE then don't worry go for VLSI or Embedded system training. now a days embedded system training is very popular. as you are from Electronics and communication engineering branch so VLSI and Embedded system both are good for you. but i think Embedded system will be better for you because in embedded system course there are so many things are included. you will learn so many things if you go for embedded system training program.

there are so many private training institution which provide training on VLSI or Embedded system. try to find out one good institution. vector institution or ACS Pune is good institution for embedded system course. you may try for training there if you are interested. they not only provide training but also give job opportunity. so you may get good job from there after completion of your training. after selecting the institution where you want to take admission contact with the institution then they will provide you all details about course syllabus, course duration, course fee etc. according to your suitability take admission in an institution.

best of luck.
10th September 2011, 01:19 PM
Tulasinagababu

Default Re: What should I do to join VLSI or Embedded course after engineering in ECE branch?

Minimum Requirements for M.Tech. Admission:
Candidates qualified in GATE 2010 or 2011 score

1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture from educational Institutions approved by AICTE/Government or
2. Master's degree in Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry/Life Science/ related subjects from educational Institutions approved by UGC/ Government or
3. Candidates yet to appear or have appeared in the final examination for the qualifying degree specified in [(i) or (ii)] and whose results are likely to be declared by 15th July 2011,or
4. Associate Membership holders of the professional bodies for admission into their parent disciplines from the following:
* The Institution of Engineers (India) (AMIE)
* The Aeronautical Society of India (AESI) (eligible only for aerodynamics, structures and propulsions streams)
* The Indian Institute of Metals (AMIM)
* The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (AMIIChemE)
* The Institution of Electronics and Tele-communication Engineering (AMIETE)
10th September 2011, 03:00 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

After completion of your degree you have already wasted one year doing nothing at all.
Yes obviously you can go for some training. There are several types of training you can go for:
Microprocessor, Microcontroller, Communication, Embedded System etc.
You can obviously go for the VLSI training.
There are several institutes which conduct training on Embedded System and IC fabrication.
Thank you.
19th September 2011, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

the best field after complete b tech for branch ece
2nd November 2011, 11:26 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

Embedded systems are computers (microprocessors) that are enclosed (embedded) in customized hardware.

Some of the examples can be portable medical equipment, cellular phones, or consumer electronics items.

You will be interested to know that the market demand for embedded system designers has become very high and is expected to grow further.

And VLSI is very large-scale integration and is the current level of computer microchip miniaturization where hundreds and thousands of transistors are contained in microchips. These memory cards we use, or the mother boards, PCBs etc come under VLSI..

Both are somewhat similar fields and both are in demand. So you can take up any one.

Or you should rather go for your M Tech i suppose.

Be Calm, prepare for GATE and crack it. After M tech you can easily fetch yourself a job in the core electronics companies.

Hope this helps.

Good luck !
2nd December 2011, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

m from IS branch , is ece purely hardware,shall i join to embedded course?
is it difficult to IS students?
3rd December 2011, 12:17 AM
DRDKS

Thumbs up Re: What should I do to join VLSI or Embedded course after engineering in ECE branch?

both are good field in the department of ECE..

but embedded systems are more scoped than VLSI..
many mobile and laptop companies are recruited candidates with knowledge in embedded system
parallely,you should develop your programming skills..
because,programming skill is very much important in this course..

all the best for your bright future..
16th December 2011, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

HI, I completed my diploma in electronics & telecommunication 5yr before. now i am working in a different industry, i want to switch in embedded system.... is there any opportunity for me in embedded system?...
3rd February 2012, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

hi dis s pradeep.m dng my final year btec now,,,i was totally interested in hardware dan software,,but both es n vlsi includes software also so s der any course of hardware?
7th June 2012, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

plese suggest me that what is the better for training embeded system or vlsi for b.tech ece engineers..and which one is better acording to i indian industry..

regard
mushahid
18th July 2012, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

I am an Electronics engineer. (pass out 2012). i want to know which are the good institutes that offer such courses for embedded system in/ around mumbai ?? After these courses what will be the minimum salary ? Can't a job in core industry be secured without doing these courses ??
24th December 2012, 12:07 PM
roshansharma510

Dear nitisha,

Sofcon training center provides more course,s information like

Microcontroller 8051, AVR, PIC
Programming language- C, Embedded C & Assembly
Component & IC level electronics
Designing of various sensor modules
Power supply development
Sensors & Display device interfacing with MCU
Display devices & their interfacing with MCU
Communication- wireless, wired, PC based
IDE's hands on- Kiel4, AVR studio, Micro C
Simulators Proteus, Topview, AVR simulator
Working Environment - Linux, windows
Robotics
Robotics Project development
Soft Skill Development

you apply and get more information of Embedded Training
25th April 2014, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

is there any institute which is giving free training for b.tech final year ece students inform me if any because i want experience
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?