12th April 2012, 08:50 AM
anandoraon

What should I do now having interest in IAS being a candidate working an Banking sector and with an age of 29 years and 6 months?

Respected,
Reagarding IAS pre

Right now I am working in banking sector.I am at the age 29 years 6 months.I belonged to ST category and I have strong willingness to prepare for this examination.What should I do now.

12th April 2012, 01:17 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do now having interest in IAS being a candidate working an Banking sector and with an age of 29 years and 6 months?

If you have profound interest to become an IAS Officer, you can prepare for the same even though you are working in Banking sector.

In order to become an IAS officer, one should have to crack civil services examaintion.

Have a glance over the detailed selection procedure which you have to go through to see yourself as an IAS officer.
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

In order to be eligible for this CSAT Exam, one should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

A candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

As you are a candidate from ST category, you can take this exam upto 35 years.

In addition, there is no limit for you on the number of attempts for this exam unlike General category candidates (maximum of 4 attempts) OBC category candidates (maximum of 7 attempts).

But, you should have strong preparation towards the ciivl services exam to overcome the competiton and to be placed in IAS.

Have good preparation for the exam and crack it.

To know the updated information regarding civil services exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) as this exam is going to be conducted by UPSC every year.

Here it is,
http://upsc.gov.in/
16th April 2012, 12:55 AM
param pita

Default Re: What should I do now having interest in IAS being a candidate working an Banking sector and with an age of 29 years and 6 months?

Hello dear,IAS Officer, you can prepare for the same even though you are working in Banking sector.

In order to become an IAS officer, one should have to crack civil services examaintion.

Have a glance over the detailed selection procedure which you have to go through to see yourself as an IAS officer.
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

In order to be eligible for this CSAT Exam, one should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

A candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

As you are a candidate from ST category, you can take this exam upto 35 years.

In addition, there is no limit for you on the number of attempts for this exam unlike General category candidates (maximum of 4 attempts) OBC category candidates (maximum of 7 attempts).

But, you should have strong preparation towards the ciivl services exam to overcome the competiton and to be placed in IAS.

Have good preparation for the exam and crack it.

To know the updated information regarding civil services exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) as this exam is going to be conducted by UPSC every year.

Here it is,
http://upsc.gov.in/
11th May 2013, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

at which stage of the civil services examination process do UPSC enquire about candidates previous job ? Does it have any impact..?
29th June 2013, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

How many hours study to bcome ias officer.while i am a bank po
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?