10th August 2011, 12:52 PM
deepakdongle

How to get into Banking sector being a candidate of working IT sector?

Hi i am deepak kumar , i m working in IT field and i want to go with Banking sector so pls tell me how to start this ........

10th August 2011, 05:33 PM
4unwanted

Thumbs up Re: How to get into Banking sector being a candidate of working IT sector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdongle View Post
Hi i am deepak kumar , i m working in IT field and i want to go with Banking sector so pls tell me how to start this ........
you didnt said that you wanna join bank as an IT professional or PO or clerk or MT. I presume you have already filled the forms of particular bank or IBPS. In any bank exam there are two stages generally-

1. written exam- for this you can use different books. I suggest- kiran publications bank practice work book( buy thick one). And join a coaching institute most, of them provide batches at after working hours.

2. interview- Now here is the tricky part, most of dedicated candidates cleared the written in there first attempt but they got bitten in the interview by questions related to bank process and also question like "why you wanna join bank?"

you cant convince them by just word; you need something to show that you are really interested in having a future with there stupid, boring bank. you need to do some certificate courses!!!! (yes, they are available and people are doing it) if you wanna clear the interview without a sweat.
anyways, Best of luck.
10th August 2011, 05:56 PM
sonal.chourasia

Thumbs up Re: How to get into Banking sector being a candidate of working IT sector?

That's not a big deal if you want to go into the banking sector.(being in IT)
since you are a graduate, you can directly give the exam for the post of PO(provisionary officer).
for that you need to have a good general knowledge, you need to clear mental ability test, mathematics , English.
these bank exams will be held twice in a year.
then you can give further DEPARTMENTAL EXAMS within the bank department for getting a higher post.

good luck for your future !!!
4th September 2011, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get into Banking sector being a candidate of working IT sector?

what book refer for bank po english for ibps and link for free downloading the book?
whether the general awarness related to bank or current affairs asked by ibps?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?