19th May 2012, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

What should I do sit for Olympiad while studying in VII?

i am now in class vii .i want to sit for olympiad. whan and how shall i proced?

24th July 2019, 11:11 AM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

Default Re: What should I do sit for Olympiad while studying in VII?

You are eligible to sit in Olympiad Exam. Olympiad Exams are conducted by Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) to promote science, mathematics, general knowledge, computer education, english language skills among school children. SFO organizes olympiad exams each year.

Major Olympiad Exams and Dates
1) National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) - 28th November and 31st December, 2019
2) National Science Olympiad (NSO) - 11th & 21st November, 2019
3) International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) - 5th & 17th December, 2019
4) International English Olympiad (IEO) - 15th October & 5th November, 2019
5) International General Knowledge Olympiad (IGO) - 6th & 26th September, 2019

Registration
- SFO will sent prospectus containing registration forms to all schools registered with SFO.
- Schools not registered with SFO can also send request for prospectus to email ID sofworld.org
- Schools must return registration forms duly filled and complete in all respects to SFO by due date.
- School's coordinating teacher will generate Roll Number of students as per given guidelines.
- A copy of all these roll numbers along with student's registration sheets and school registration form should be sent to foundation office by due date of submission.
- Foundation will register applicant school and students and dispatch question papers and guidelines for conducting examination.

Level 1
- The question paper consists 35 questions of 40 marks for class I to V and 50 questions of 50 marks for class VI to XII, to be answered in 1 hour.
- There are objective type questions and different question papers for each class.

Level 2
- From among 2,00,000 students, participated in each of these olympiads every year, top 10 students in each state, as well as school toppers from schools having a participation more than 10 students in the exam are selected for 2nd level of examination.
- 3 school toppers who got 50% or more will get gold medals and selected for 2nd level of examination.

Benefits of Olympiad Examination
- Provides exposure to students at national as well as international levels.
- Improve problem solving skills and analytical skills.
- Improve grasping power of students.
- Helpful for future competitive exams.
- School level performance of students will be improved.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?