14th June 2015, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Does school organizes Olympiad? Eligibility to apply for 1st standard candidate?

Hello Sir,
My name is Giridhar. My children studying in Sri Chaitanya Techno School. I want know about the Olympiad exam. Is it start from 1st standard because my children are in 1st standard? And one more thing, the Olympiad entrance exam held in the same school? School organize this exam?

17th June 2015, 06:15 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Does school organizes Olympiad? Eligibility to apply for 1st standard candidate?

Olympiad is conducted for Science and Mathematics subject in which students of age less than 20 years or have not enrolled in university are eligible to appear.
There are three levels of Olympiad
-Regional
-National
-International

The students who qualify in regional are given chance to appear in National and then who qualify in National will represent their country in International Olympiad.

Students can appear in Regional Olympiad only through their school they are studying.
No other source is available to apply for Olympiad.

So, you should talk to the school administration if they are not preparing students for Olympiad and if possible change the school which prepare students for Olympiad competition and allow the intelligent students to appear in Olympiad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?