10th September 2011, 06:54 PM
LabeebKalayath

What are the steps to be followed for MBA in graduation?

I have completed B.Sc.Computer Science 5th semester.i would like to go for MBA after graduation.What all steps i should follow for MBA admission??what will be the suitable option to opt in MBA as i had completed graduation in comp.Science??

10th September 2011, 10:42 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the steps to be followed for MBA in graduation?

Definitely you can study MBA ,before going to the MBA course,you have to pass the Bachelor degree i.e.BBA/B.Tech/BE/BCA ,one of those.

then after completing the Bachelor degree you can sit one of the following:

The best exam for the MBA is Common Admission Test(CAT).
beside this exam :

1.CMAT : Calibre Management Aptitude Test

2. EMAT : Electronic Management Aptitude Test

3.FSM Entrance : FORE School of Management

4.IBSAT : ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test

5.IGNOU OPENMAT : Indira Gandhi National Open University OPEN Management Admission Test

6.IPMG : Institute of Petroleum Management

7. IMDR : Institute of Management Development and Research

8.IMI PGDM : International Management Institute

9. GMAT : Graduate Management Admission Test

10.EMPI : Entrepreneurship & Management Process International Business

11.FMS Entrance Test : Faculty of Management Studies Entrance Test

12.JEMAT : Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test

13.NIBM : National Institute of Bank Management

14.SNAP : Symbiosis National Aptitude Test

15.ATMA : AIMS Test for Management Admissions

16. AIMT : Army Institute of Management & Technology Entrance Exam etc.......

17: XLRI XAT : XLRI Jamshedpur School of Management XAT

For more visit:http://www.indianmba.com/
10th September 2011, 11:27 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

There are several exams through which you can apply for MBA.
CAT(Common Admission Test)
MAT(Management Aptitude Test)
XAT(Xavier Aptitude Test)
You have to prepare yourself very much for these exams as they are really very tough.
You can apply online.
Generally these exams are held twice in a year.
Prepare yourself.
All the best.
11th September 2011, 12:33 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabeebKalayath View Post
I have completed B.Sc.Computer Science 5th semester.i would like to go for MBA after graduation.What all steps i should follow for MBA admission??what will be the suitable option to opt in MBA as i had completed graduation in comp.Science??
Hello,
MBA is a masters degree course in Business Administration.
To apply for the MBA course you have to appear for the MBA entry level examination like CAT,MAT,XAT etc.Admission in good business schools like IIM are done through CAT.
After clearing the entry examination you have to face group discussion which is followed by personal interview.This is the total procedure to take admission in MBA course.
For this course you can apply only after completing your B.sc.

Best Wishes....
11th September 2011, 04:49 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

after graduation if you want to do MBA then you may take admission in one of the two ways. two ways are- with MBA entrance examination and other is without MBA entrance examination.

it is always better to take admission in MBA program after clearing entrance examination. then only you will get chance to select institution according to your performance in the MBA entrance examination.you will get chance to take admission in best institution for you. various MBA entrance examinations are CAT, MAT etc.

in other way directly you can take admission in MBA program without appearing in any entrance examination. for this you have to contact with institution where you want to take admission they will provide you details about direct admission without attending any MBA entrance examination.

so the general steps you have to follow after you graduation to take admission in MBA after appearing in MBA entrance examination are-
1. Fill up the application form for various MBA entrance examination.
2. Appear in various MBA entrance examination.
3. Try to take admission in MBA with the best score among the various entrance examination.
4. unfortunately if you fail to take admission through MBA entrance examination then go for direct admission contact with the institution where you want to take admission.

there are so many MBA specialization for which there are good market demand like financial management, operation management, marketing management, quality management etc. after completion of B.Sc in computer science you may go for any specialization of MBA may not be related to your stream of study. otherwise in few institution one specialization is the named computer management and you take this specialization.it is related to your branch of study. but in few institution only this course is taught.

best of luck.
11th September 2011, 04:57 PM
saurabhdubey973

Smile Re: What are the steps to be followed for MBA in graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabeebKalayath View Post
first you concentrate your u.g program.it`s your 5th semester .after it can think more about various programme.
12th September 2011, 10:13 PM
LabeebKalayath

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMESS View Post
after graduation if you want to do MBA then you may take admission in one of the two ways. two ways are- with MBA entrance examination and other is without MBA entrance examination.

it is always better to take admission in MBA program after clearing entrance examination. then only you will get chance to select institution according to your performance in the MBA entrance examination.you will get chance to take admission in best institution for you. various MBA entrance examinations are CAT, MAT etc.

in other way directly you can take admission in MBA program without appearing in any entrance examination. for this you have to contact with institution where you want to take admission they will provide you details about direct admission without attending any MBA entrance examination.

so the general steps you have to follow after you graduation to take admission in MBA after appearing in MBA entrance examination are-
1. Fill up the application form for various MBA entrance examination.
2. Appear in various MBA entrance examination.
3. Try to take admission in MBA with the best score among the various entrance examination.
4. unfortunately if you fail to take admission through MBA entrance examination then go for direct admission contact with the institution where you want to take admission.

there are so many MBA specialization for which there are good market demand like financial management, operation management, marketing management, quality management etc. after completion of B.Sc in computer science you may go for any specialization of MBA may not be related to your stream of study. otherwise in few institution one specialization is the named computer management and you take this specialization.it is related to your branch of study. but in few institution only this course is taught.

best of luck.
can i apply for the entrance right now??that is..before the completion of my graduation??
13th September 2011, 12:55 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

To be eligible for Master of Business Administration (MBA) you must have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognised University with atlest 50% marks. Furture eligibility criteria would depend upon the institute/university in which you are applying for.

There are many entrance examination conducted either in state or national level to provide admission to the MBA programme. Some of the major entrance examinations are:

CAT-IIM

MAT

XAT

Upcoming CAT-IIM examination will be conducted from October 22 to November 18, 2011for which last date of application is 26 september 2011.
13th September 2011, 03:56 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

after the completion of the graduation in any discipline you can apply for the entrance exam like CAT , MH-CET , GMAT , etc.

the most important exam by the view of the management studies is the CAT ( COMMON APTITUDE TEST ) EXAM.

CAT exam is consist of the subjects like english , logical reasoning and optional subject.
also after scoring the descent rank in the cat exam one can be called for an interview.

in the optional subject its preferable to choose the subject of your engineering branch.

CAT exam offers the admission in the IIM's ( INDIAN INSTITUTES OF MANAGEMENT ) WHICH ARE MOST IMPORTANT INSTITUTES AS THE STUDY OF THE MANAGEMENT IS CONCERNED.

to know more about the cat exam kindly visit the website www.catiim.in

thanks
9th June 2015, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Which exam I have to pass for doing MBA after computer science and engineering ? And in which college exam is held ? And what to do after applying exam ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?