16th May 2011, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

Whats the affect for getting a job in Software companies after completing B.tech in 5 years?

I ve complete my b.tech in etc in 5 years. What impact it ll ve when i ll be appearing for multi national software companies?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get good Job in Software Companies having an academic gap of 5 years between 12th Class and B.Tech?
  2. Shall I quit my software job and go for M.Tech/Government job?
  3. Shall I quit my software job and go for M.Tech/Government job?
  4. Can i find software companies jobs after completing MBA IT?
  5. What's the eligibility criteria for getting a job as a software engineer in software companies?
  6. Companies in which I can attain a job after completing BDS? Any chance for pharma or software companies?
  7. How to get a job in core companies and software companies?
  8. Detailed information regarding M.Sc. Electronics & Telecommunications course?
  9. How to move towards IT sector after B.Tech? Which software companies should I join after B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. List of software companies offering job for B.Tech(CSE) student?
  11. What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting a software job? -- [New]
  12. What importance does the software companies give to year gap in academics?
  13. Is it possible for me to get a good software company job after completion of B.Tech IT course with 69% marks?
  14. Will 59.33% in 12th affect my placement in any way? Which all companies should I try?
  15. Scope of Integrated M.Tech in Software companies? What should I do to get job in IT company?
  16. Is it possible for me to get a software job with 61% marks in B.Tech Mechanical engineering?
  17. AM I eligible to get a job in software companies if I have two years gap between studies?
  18. Is it possible for me to get the job in software companies with 59% marks in 10th and 49% marks in 12th?
16th May 2011, 01:23 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Whats the affect for getting a job in Software companies after completing B.tech in 5 years?

The most probable reason for another extra could be your backlog.
Its not that company dont offer job to extended degree students , if you are having good CGPA and have done good projects, then will get a very good job, but the diffrence comes in when another fellow having same grades, then one will be given more priority for job.

If you apply for MS, then only your research projects are important other than CGPA, this one more yr for completion wont affect much.
16th May 2011, 10:22 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whats the affect for getting a job in Software companies after completing B.tech in 5 years?

Dear Friend

Every company do have their own policy of marketing, operation and recruitment.
So, the situation varies from company to company.

If some company do have a policy that they don't recruit 1 year dropout students
then the company won't shortlist you for the recruitment process.

If a company doesn't have any such strict policy then they will surely shortlist you
for the recruitment process if your academics is at par and you have a proper reason
due to which you dropped one year.

As you have already a dark part so you are supposed to show some bright part of yours
i.e. you should be good in technical knowledge and communication skills.
16th May 2011, 10:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

criteria for software company:-
1)b-tech with 4 year duration and 60%
2)10+2 and 10 with 60%

this is vary from company to company.but you must completed b-teh in 4 years

you may go for some small software company also gain some experiance.

best of luck dear
16th May 2011, 10:57 PM
gurpreetrodger

completing b.tech in five years may have a negative affect but if u have a geniun reason for that then this can b neutral.
U should now ready for what they can about 5yr completion.
20th June 2014, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

After passing 10th and 12th what steps should i take to become a software engineer for a multinational company MICROSOFT........
Can i become a software engineer after completing B.tech.
18th October 2014, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After passing 10th and 12th what steps should i take to become a software engineer for a multinational company MICROSOFT........
Can i become a software engineer after completing B.tech.
Yes, You can.

There are many companies who don't care about those degrees. To get into those companies, Build a great Github profile
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?