31st August 2015, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to get a software job with 61% marks in B.Tech Mechanical engineering?

I completed my b.tech(mechanical engineering) with 61%
now i am doing software testing & .net courses
how can i get a job in software industries?
if it is possible (or) not?

Related Questions:
  1. Being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) female student can I apply for job in HCL? Requirements to apply for job in HCL?
  2. How to become a scientist after passing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? I have passed 6th semester in mechanical engineering with 75% marks
  3. Can I go for mechanical field after doing graduation from software engineering
  4. Software jobs for Mechanical Engineers?
  5. Which software should I study to get a job after Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Can mechanical engineer apply for software job? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to move towards IT sector after B.Tech? Which software companies should I join after B.Tech?
  8. Any chance for a job in software company after completing B.Tech Chemical Engineering with 56%?
  9. Jobs after B.Tech (mechanical engineering) with 76% marks upto 3rd year?
  10. How to get a government job after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
  11. How may I get job in mechanical companies? I've completed mechanical engineering
  12. How to get a software job after qualifying for B.Tech with 60%
  13. How can I become a software engineer if I am a Mechanical engineer
  14. Can we choose diploma in software engineering after B.Tech in software engineering?
  15. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) female student?
  16. Is it possible for me to get the job in Infosys or TCS after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  17. Courses and job opportunities after completing software engineering? Are software engineers eligible fr the job in ISRO?
  18. Which courses will help me to get a job while doing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
31st August 2015, 10:01 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get a software job with 61% marks in B.Tech Mechanical engineering?

Yes you will get a software job with your stream (Mechanical Engineering ) in BTech. But chances are very few when compared with streams like CSE, IT , ECE and EEE.

Most companies recruiting the students from the above branches but some companies like TCS, Wipro , CTS , Infosys recruiting the students with Core background as well. They will give you the training for those candidates from Core streams.

But you have to learn the software coures/programming languages like C, C++ , JAVA and Data base etc.,
31st August 2015, 10:32 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get a software job with 61% marks in B.Tech Mechanical engineering?

Yes, you can definitely get a job in software field. If you successfully complete the current testing and dotnet course, you will be preferred by the software companies. There are various ways to get a job.

- You can appear in off-campus/pool campus recruitment drives of various software companies.
- You can apply offline directly by uploading your profile in the leading job portals like naukri, monster, shine, etc.
- You can apply for walk-ins through referrals from employees of various companies.
1st September 2015, 01:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my b.tech(mechanical engineering) with 61%
now i am doing software testing & .net courses
how can i get a job in software industries?
if it is possible (or) not?
Yes, you are eligible for software companies like TCS, CTS, Wipro etc.

Eligibility criteria for software companies placement:-

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for Companies is 60%.

You should not have any pending backlog.

Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for companies recruitment.

Pattern for software companies written test:-

1. Quantitative /analytical reasoning (20 questions)
2. Verbal ability (20 questions)
3. Technical section (10questions)
3rd September 2015, 12:08 PM
haripriya1993
Member+

Hi,
The basic requirement when considered to oncampus or offcampus recruitment is 60% in 10th, 12th and in degree. As you have 61% in your degree you are eligible to sit for aptitude.

There are many companies which take students from Mechanical background also. As you have done .net course you can start searching for job privately also. There are many startup companies where they recruit freshers with good technical knowledge.

So improve your technical knowledge which can help you get good job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?