16th November 2011, 12:35 PM
khushboo

When should I fill form for IAS Exam being a candidate at an age of 20 years and going to complete Graduation in the year of 2012?

what is the eligible age to appear in an ias exam and when should i fil the form my age is 20 year nd i wil complete my graduation by april 2012

16th November 2011, 01:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When should I fill form for IAS Exam being a candidate at an age of 20 years and going to complete Graduation in the year of 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khushboo View Post
what is the eligible age to appear in an ias exam and when should i fil the form my age is 20 year nd i wil complete my graduation by april 2012
DETAILS ABOUT IAS EXAM

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012
16th November 2011, 01:23 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When should I fill form for IAS Exam being a candidate at an age of 20 years and going to complete Graduation in the year of 2012?

For IAS, one has to go through civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

The selection procedure will be by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

In order to be eligible for this exam, one should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation or candidates who have appeared for final year of Graduation course and waiting for the result can also apply for this exam.

One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

So,by next year, you can finish your Graduation and will attain an age of 21 years. So, you can appear for upcoming civil services examination which is going to be conducted on 20-05-2012

For more information on this exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
16th November 2011, 03:16 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
There is lot of Importance of 'Civil Services Exam' since British period, in that time the exam was known as 'ICS' i.e.Indian Civil Services.
IAS was known as 'Collector',which was recognised as 'Steel Frame' of British Empire.Even today its, importance has not decreased, rather it has increased.IAS plays vital role in 'Policy Making & Civil Administration' of country.That's the reason the craze for this services remains as it is in enthusiasm.
*Eligibility :
-For all posts, its necessary to be graduate in any stream from affiliated institute or university.
-Age limit : 21-30 yr. As on 1st july of exam year.(for general category)
4 attempts are valid.
-For OBC Category : 21-32 yr. As on 1st july of exam year.
7 attempts are valid.
-For SC/ST Category candidates: 21-34 yr. As on 1st july of exam year.
No boundation for attempts upto the age of 34 yr.
*Exam pattern:
There are three phases of civil services exam-
¤CSAT: Civil Services Aptitude Test. After qualifying the screen test the candidates will be promoted to Mains exam.
¤Mains: The mains exam for civil services is in the form of written test.The exam is of essay-pattern.For this phase candidates have to appear in 9 question papers.2000 marks are alloted for written exam.Candidates have to face-
>2 Optional subjects.
>General studies.
>Essay.
>Test for any Indian language.
>General english.
In which, marks obtained from both optional subjects, General studies & essay decides the 'Merit-list', where it's necessary to qualify both the papers of 'General Hindi & General English'.
Here is the pattern for Mains exam with weightage:
#Any one language listed in 8th section of Indian constitution.- 300 marks.
#General english - 300 marks.
#Essay - 200 marks.
#General studies - 600 marks.
#Optional Subject - 1200 marks.
¤Interview: After qualifying Mains exam, the selected candidates will have call for Interview,for which 300 marks are alloted.
'Merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in Mains & Interview'.
*'How to opt Optional subjects':
If you are interested in subject then, examine the syllabus thoroughly and try to find out that the study material & books of subject, are available in your own language.
If its available then, take a look for coaching institute or expert nearby you for proper guidance at the time of requirement.Along with, observe the 'success-rate' in the optional subject.
These all will help you for deciding the correct optional subject for Mains exam.

*Notification date of publishment-February 4, 2012.
*Last date to apply online-March 5, 2012.
*CSAT commencement-May 20, 2012
*Mains exam commencement-October 5, 2012.
You can only apply through 'ONLINE' Registration.
For more information you can visit the official site of UPSC-www.upsc.gov.in
Ok, best of luck.
16th November 2011, 04:03 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Hi.....
Dear!!!,

You want to serve the nation, which is really appreciable, but you are not eligible for this exam yet.

Because, for appearing in this examination, which is conducted by UPSC [UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION],you must have at least a graduation degree from a recognized college.

Also the age limit for this examination is 21-30 years,.
and there are 5 & 3 years of the age relaxations are also applicable for the SC\ST & OBC [NON-CREAMY LAYER] respectively.

For become a IAS [INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER],you must have to clear the CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION, conducted by UPSC every years,.
This civil service examination,have three stages to be clear,...
1.CSAT [CIVIL SERVICE ATTITUDE TEST]
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW [PERSONALITY TEST]..

The academic qualification needed is, you must have at least a graduation degree in any stream , from a recognized college.

THANK YOU!!!
~GAMBLE~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?