7th December 2015, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS after graduation in Commerce?

I wanted to do IAS by making graduation in commerce? So, please tell me how I can do this? I am looking for a quick response from your side.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to become an IAS Officer for 12th Commerce student?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for IAS after B.A vocational graduation?
  3. Is graduation really required to apply for IAS? Am I eligible to apply for IAS without graduation?
  4. Am I eligible for IAS with 50% in Graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Is it possible to fill IAS prelims form using 2nd graduation degree?
  6. Which will be most preferred field for graduation to become an IAS Officer?
  7. What should I opt in graduation for IAS? Best coaching class for preparation of IAS in New Delhi?
  8. IAS officer after graduation in commerce?
  9. Can I be eligible for IAS exam after scoring 45% marks in graduation?
  10. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET with Commerce if completed Graduation in Commerce and Post Graduation in Economics?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for IAS after completion of B.A Vocational and also graduation in marketing and management of Insurance?
  12. What should I do to go for IAS after completion of MBA HR post graduation course?
  13. Which subjects I have to select for my Graduation to become an IAS being a candidate from 12th Class with Commerce?
  14. Can I apply for B.Tech if I cleared 12th with commerce stream to become IAS in future?
  15. What is the procedure followed to become an IAS officer with commerce stream?
  16. What is the schedule of IAS exam this year? Am I eligible for IAS exam in the same year of completing the graduation?
  17. Required Percentage of Marks in 10+2 and Graduation to be eligible for IAS Exam?
  18. Am I eligible for MCA after doing 12th and graduation with commerce
7th December 2015, 09:22 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS after graduation in Commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wanted to do IAS by making graduation in commerce? So, please tell me how I can do this? I am looking for a quick response from your side.
Yes, it is possible for you to become an IAS officer After B.Com. Since, it is highly competitive examination you must put lot of efforts and dedication to get success. You must appear in the Civil Service Exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission exam in order to become an IAS officer. Selection is done on the basis of Written test and Interview.

Key Steps to Become an IAS Officer:

- First appear in the Civil Services Aptitude Test.
- Those who successfully qualify in the Civil Services Aptitude Test such candidates are eligible to appear in the preliminary exam, which is second level in Civil Service Exam.
- Those qualify in the Preliminary exam are eligible to appear in the Final Interview.

Eligibility Criteria:

- Minimum Educational Qualification is Graduation from a recognized University.
- The applicant must be between the age of 17 years and 21 years. Applicants belonging to SC/ST category have upper age limit maximum of 5 years. OBC candidates have maximum of three years as upper age limit.

Contact Information:

Union Public Service Commission
Man Singh Road Area,
New Delhi,
Delhi 110069, India
Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
7th December 2015, 09:46 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidate who have completed graduation in any stream are eligible for IAS exams.
As you have completed graduation in commerce, so you are also eligible for IAS exams.
Candidate have to appear in Civil Service Exams conducted by UPSC in order to become IAS officer. Candidate can apply for Civil Service Exam on http://www.upsc.gov.in

Eligibility :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation in any stream from any recognised university.
  • Candidate must be citizen of India.
  • Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in age is also there as per government norms.
7th December 2015, 10:38 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to become an I.A.S officer after graduation in commerce stream. I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Services and to become an I.A.S Officer you have to qualify in Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from a recognised university.
Candidate age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

There is no limitation on aggregate and discipline of graduation to appear for examination.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination after graduation and after qualifying in all stages of examination you are eligible to become an I.A.S Officer.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
7th December 2015, 10:54 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Of course, Yes. You are very certainly eligible for Indian Administrative Services with Graduation in Commerce stream. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in IAS Examination is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Since you are willing to complete graduation in Commerce, I am sure you are certainly eligible to join Indian Administrative Services with that qualification. You are eligible to apply for IAS when you will be in the final year of Graduation or later after completion of Graduation in Commerce. Every year UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) releases its recruitment notification by name "Civil Services" Recruitment. For this you are required to give "CSAT" (Civil Services Aptitude Test) and after successful completion of passing this you are required to give CSAT Mains Examination. You can get more details like when the notification comes, and when the examination is conducted and everything from the below link.

Click here for Civil Services Exam details
7th December 2015, 05:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, graduation in commerce is absolutely fine for becoming eligible for IAS exam. Therefore, don't worry about your qualification if it is from a recognized university.

Just make sure that your age is between 21 to 30 years if you are a general category candidate. There is age relaxation available for candidates who belong to reserved category.
7th December 2015, 06:49 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes you are eligible to study IAS after your graduation in commerce.

The eligibility for the preliminary examination will be graduation from any recognised university.

The examinations are conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

There are 3 stages. They are Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview.
7th December 2015, 09:46 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for an IAS examination after completion of your Graduation in Commerce stream. The IAS examination is conducted by UPSC every year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.
8th December 2015, 01:32 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Below, I have mentioned the eligibility criteria regarding IAS examination, kindly have a look at it;

Eligibility:
'
. The candidate must have to complete any bachelor's degree but this degree must be completed by a recognized university.

. The Candidate must be a citizen of India.

. Final year exams appearing candidates can also eligible to apply.

Age Criteria:

. For General candidates age limit if from 21 years to 30 years.

. For OBC candidates age limit is from 21 years to 33 years.

. For SC/ST candidates age limit is from 21 years to 35 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?