5th December 2010, 03:21 PM
ranjanraj

Will a 4 year Gap affect my chances of getting a good job?

i have 46% marks in intermidiate and passed in 2004. Now i m doing b.tech from aryabhatta institute of enginnering and management,durgapur for 2008 to 2012 batch.i have lost 4 years....so i want to got ur suggesion that can i got a good job???

7th December 2010, 07:05 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Default Re: Will a 4 year Gap affect my chances of getting a good job?

If your reason is proper and acceptable to the recruiters then it is not a problem,but if it is any fake reason then it create some problems.

All the best.
31st December 2010, 07:15 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Most of the top ranked IT companies filters out students with this academic year gap criteria.

If you have got some valid reason and the recruiters have no problem with that then only you can sit for campus exams.

Other than that there are other off-campus recruitment by different software companies that you can be eligible of.

So don't worry,do your best in the graduation.

Good luck!!
6th January 2011, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am from mumbai. I have 8 years of Oracle and Java Experience, Total IT experience 12 years. I have onsite experience also. I am an Oracle developer and my skill sets are PL/SQL, UNIX, D2K, FORMS, REPORTS.

But from last 4 years I am out of job due to my personal reasons ie. I have a 4 years gap and my Age is 42. Now I am applying for jobs.
But due to this 4 years gap, I am unable to find a job.
So please advice me on how to get a job, which companies will hire me or
which companies I can apply ? or
should I leave my IT profession and start a business like catering ? or
should I take some course like DBA or SAP technical and start as a fresher ?
Will taking a course like DBA or SAP technical increase my chances of getting a job ?
Is my age(42) effecting me in getting a job ?
I really need some serious help / advice.
Thanks
22nd January 2011, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

sir, i am rejected in HR round after clearing written,technical and MR round in tcs just because of four year gap (irrespective of valid reasons) in studies rest companies also do not allow to sit for campus placement.i am not able to concentrate in my studies because of negative feeling.what is options left for me to enter in mnc through campus or offcampus?
8th February 2011, 06:03 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hello,

Yes you can get a good job and there won't be any problem regarding your 4 years gap.If you can provide a reasonable reason for the gap then definitely you can get a good job.You better try to get good grades which is the main thing for getting a good job.If you can maintain an aggregate of 60% and above then you will surely get a job.Don't worry.

All the best.
15th February 2011, 06:25 PM
aryabhatta

no not at all unless you have a good reason for why you did this and where you

were in this period

you will easily get good job if you have a sound knowledge and good

percentage
19th February 2011, 11:11 PM
nitingoplani88

dont worry you have a good chance in NEWGEN APPS ..try their and companies valid reason is nothing just a word only !!
23rd February 2011, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Hai Iam Javed,

I have a four years gaps between my B.tech and my M.tech. Now most of the mnc's are not considering for more than 2yrs of academic gap. I wil be finishing my M.tech in 2011 and iam just waiting for some mnc's where i can get in. I really have no idea what to do about the gap, because the gap is making a problem.But i have no problem with my percentages obtained. I somehow want to enter an IT mnc. Please friends give me some sugessions.
28th February 2011, 08:15 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i am rejected in HR round after clearing written,technical and MR round in tcs just because of four year gap (irrespective of valid reasons) in studies rest companies also do not allow to sit for campus placement.i am not able to concentrate in my studies because of negative feeling.what is options left for me to enter in mnc through campus or offcampus?
Well you will face problems in placements, anyone saying else is wrong.
4 years is a really long gap.
but many companies will give you a chance to explain why so.

keep a good reply ready.. maybe due to family problem/ financial conditions

medical problems. etc.

and you have to show them that you have full capacity like any other

regular candidate... i will suggest you if you have to settle for

smaller company .. dont hesitate, you can join big ones after work-experience.
2nd March 2011, 05:04 PM
sachin2places

Well practically speaking, things are going to be very difficult for you in the coming future.But remember greatest gifts come from greatest desperation.So be desperate to be successful.
The gap of 4 years is big.The job scene has almost turned upside down but you can call yourself lucky in a way that you were able to escape the great economic depression.
All the companies want the best of talents and your marks definitely put you among them as of now.But remember there are crores of people who can't even write their name.You are not at all the worst just because you had a 4 years gap.
Now you will need to be smarter in your ways.I would suggest you take part in maximum extra curricular activities because they'll make your biodata brighter.If you could impress the interviewers with your street smartness that would surely overshadow your gap and less marks.But you must have extra curricular activity certificates to support you.Try to prove them that you are a guy who believes in manupilating ways to get the best results rather than going in a normal conventional way which is quiet boring.
If possible attend some personality development class as ,"First impression is last impression".
ALL THE BEST
1st April 2011, 03:44 AM
Unregistered

i am in mca pre final year ;i have three year gap in my academics due to financial problem and university session late do i got job with top IT organisation? i have more than 60% throughout in academic ****************
kunal,bareilly uttar pradesh
31st May 2011, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

yes it will create problem.but not very much..try to explain the valid reason for your year gap..
all the best..
28th June 2011, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing b.tech wid computer science as branch,sir i got a year down as i have more then four backlogs in 2nd year due to some health problems.I have now completed my 3rd year with no backlogs at present and aggregate 78% till now.I want to know whether that year gap will affect my campus placement chances badly???
5th August 2011, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

sir i have 1 yr of gap in my education bcoz of financial problem from diploma to degree will it affect my career. i am currently in 2nd yr of engg so tell me what way i have to go to overcome the loss of 1 yr.
17th September 2011, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my b sc (maths) in 1991 and did b ed in 1993 then after i started tuitions due to my financial condition
and in 2006 i gave gcet in gujarat and got high score and completed my mca in 2010 and now i am 41 years old i am not getting
job as a developer is it possilble for me to getting the job as a java developer as a fresher level? kindly give detail answer because i am very very confused and i want to start career in it field
19th September 2011, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.Tech(ECE) in 2011 with DGPA 7.15.I have four year gap after 12th and also marks in 10th and 12th is 54% and 52% respectively. Can i get any job in software or hardware company.
3rd December 2011, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

i have 2 yrs gap in education and after graducation i am doing mca from open university. Can i become a dba in oracle if i do work hard.
31st January 2012, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

i am bsc (bio) in 2004 .at present time i am preapring for oracle online .after paasout this certificate .can i able to get ajob in company
14th May 2012, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

I am an MBA - HR..worked for 2 years and took a 4 years gap for family life...what are the chances of me restarting my career with a good job ...can i find one somewhere ??
19th February 2013, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

dear sir
i am completed my graduation in 2007 after that MCA in 2010 from distance mode i have 3 years of gap can i go for IT job ?
4th March 2013, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

sir iam btech 2009 passout.i hav e 3 years of gap and now i'm trying for job in mnc's can i get job if i try it now.please suggest what should i do.i really want to get into it field
7th June 2013, 03:59 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my mechanical diploma in 2008 with 67% & then i have taken admission in B.tech after 3, 4 years also m not get completed my b.tech degree due to double year back then i quite my b.tech degree. and i have done small local business & today my business also stopped due to some reason. Will i get the job from mechanical diploma bcouse 5 years gap since 2008 not done the job ? please suggest me a suitable idea what i could do ? From some recquiter i have given my resume but they not prefer me to attend the interview give me some idea what can i do ?
7th March 2014, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

I this is krishna, i have a gap of 4yrs between my ssc and intermediate, now i am doing my final here of Bcom computers, I want to move on in banking industry will i get a job in banks ?
19th March 2014, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

i have done bba in 2009 and now i have no any experience and i have gap of 5 years so what can i do,is regular mba is good option for me.
3rd September 2014, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir! I have four years gap b/w my degree and mca.. Can i get good job in mnc's.. My percentages are 10th 81% 12th 84 mca 68%
28th November 2014, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Due to fault of university my sem. Is 6 month back and my degree was also completed 6month later. Is i got job in it company like tcs, wipro.infosys
23rd January 2015, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

I have a gap of 4 yrs between plus 2 and graduation due to dropping out of b-tech in 3rd yr. After graduation I prepared for MBA entrance for 1 yr.Now I am doing MBA from a reputed institute. Will I have problem in placement due to gap.
25th January 2015, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

I have a gap of 4 yrs between plus 2 and graduation due to dropping out of b-tech in 3rd yr. After graduation I prepared for MBA entrance for 1 yr.Now I am doing MBA from a reputed institute. Will I have problem in placement due to gap.
23rd April 2017, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have a gap of 4 years after 12 ....i pursued bachelors in hospitality management after that i got placement from my college at axis bank as customer service executive i worked there for 1 year...now i am thinking to do MBA in regular..... so if i pursue MBA in regular now will that 4 years gap after class 12 will hamper in MBA PLACEMENT??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?