15th July 2011, 11:37 PM
shravani.k

Will the cleared backlogs affect my placements in any way? I am having 64% aggregate

hello sir..i was having 8 backlogs which i got cleared at first attemt..and now im in my final year.will that have any effect in placements?? and im having aggregate of 64% till 3rd year

11th January 2012, 11:13 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Will the cleared backlogs affect my placements in any way? I am having 64% aggregate

Hello,
Although it doesn't matter always,once you clear all your subjects at the time of an interview,campus selection.

But there are some companies which do set an eligibility criteria of no history of backlogs.So there you might have some problem but still it doesn't mean that you will not get good opportunities in your future.

There are lots of individuals with lots of backlog history but still they are in some good position in some reputed companies.
Once you get some experience in you relevant field then these things do not matter at all.

So work hard and try to clear all your subjects in time.
Be confident you will have a bright future.

Good Luck.
11th January 2012, 11:34 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Default Re: Will the cleared backlogs affect my placements in any way? I am having 64% aggregate

Don't worry cleared backlog will not affect your placement in any way.

Top companies doesn't accept current backlogs.you have cleared backlogs so it will not affect your placement.

you have to do preparation very well for placement in top companies.

Selection procedure for companies-

Written Test
Technical interview
HR

you marks are very good.you are eligible for top companies.top companies require good knowledge of your subject.you should do preparation very well.

Interview is very important for top companies.they check your knowledge at interview time.they mainly ask question based on your training so should do preparation very well.
12th January 2012, 02:21 AM
Dilip Bista

The best thing you can do this year is work hard and increase your percentage , because at the end of the day ,it is your mark and your Knowledge that is going to decide your future . Forget your past backlogs and try to gain coinfidence because you cannot correct your past but can strengthen your future , and it will only happen if your clear your Graduation with good percentage . Good luck .
12th January 2012, 08:47 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

If you have a good potential & a hard worker indeed then all the backlogs will prove to be a baseless one.So its better for you to gain some experience & then apply in a Good Company.

Actually Backlogs are due to two reasons i.e either a negligence of the study by the student And secondly due to some medical problem.The First one has no excuse But the second one can be excused by a genuine reason & can be improved too.

As you have 64% at this time so its better to maintain it & work hard to achieve more than 65 % as an aggregate.
12th January 2012, 03:43 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No, my friend it will not create any problem.
As you have already clear your pending backlogs, then it will not create any problem at the time of your campus drives..

You have secured 64% aggregate then you can apply for all the campus drives..

So, get prepare for those campus drives to grab the opportunity..

All the best..
12th January 2012, 04:07 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

It is not same for all companies.

Some situations may come at the time of interview according to the eligibility criteria.

1) Some companies set their aggregate percentage over 80% with no backl0g papers
2)Some companies set a limit number of backlog papers with some aggregate percentage. After interview if you get a call letter from that company then you need to clear the backlog papers before joining.

So it depends upon the companies.

So all the best
12th January 2012, 05:41 PM
surekha_katreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravani.k View Post
hello sir..i was having 8 backlogs which i got cleared at first attemt..and now im in my final year.will that have any effect in placements?? and im having aggregate of 64% till 3rd year

Hi friend,
Do not worry generally the campus placements arrive in the 4-1 or 4-2 in your graduation.By that time if you clear all your backlogs you will have the chance to under go the placement procedure.They do not ask you about the cleared backlogs.
Work hard at least right now to see to that you maintain a good percentage as the eligibility for most of the companies are as follows:

>>A minimum of 60% to 70% at all levels of your education i.e in the 10th class, intermediate and graduation

>>No backlogs are allowed

>>A maximum of 1 or 2 years gap in your education.

Selection procedure for most of the companies is as follows:
>>Written test-It contains questions on aptitude ,Reasoning and verbal
>>GROUP DISCUSSION[optional]
>>Technical Interview
>>Personal Interview

Good luck.............
26th May 2012, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

hi now i am studying 6th sem ec engineering...unfortunately i hv failed in 2 subjects in 5th sem....due to the tight schedule in 6th sem exam i am able to clear only 1 subject.....and i will clear another subject during 7th sem exam....but in our col placement will start after my 6th sem exams only..............i am very much interested in vlsi domain...my 10th % is 83% and diploma aggregate is 79%....my engineering aggregate upto 5th sem is 62%......my concern is
1.can i attend interview before clearing that subject?(i will clear in 7th sem)
2.during interview if they ask do i hv backlogs ? then what shall i do(i will be having 1 subject back which i will clear in 7th sem)will they consider that?
if i say the reason that i was not well...will they be convinced

i am getting tensed to much........
26th July 2012, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

hello i am studying 7th sem cse engineering.. unfortunately i have failed in 1 subject in 6th sem. i will clear subject during 7th sem exam.i am eligible in tcs campus placement please give me answer.
27th June 2014, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

am I eligible to get the job in 3-2?
I have 68% aggregate without backlogs.
intermediate 94.4%
SSC 92%
I'm studying mechanical engineering.now 3-1
16th January 2015, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

revaluation gives any positive result pls advice me iam a backlog in first Sem iam too worry and I feel too nervous x I got 94 per cent and xii 95 percent what is my position
18th July 2017, 07:20 AM
Unregistered

I once had 3 backlogs in my 1st year of b.tech and I completed them now, I'm in third year with 85% does it effect for campus drives
28th July 2018, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

I have 1 backlog in 3rd semester, now I've cleared that subject. I'm eligible for tcs. Will that affects me during my placement??
9th June 2019, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

I have 20 arrears within 2nd year if I cleared all arrear in 3rd year can get placement and will I able to attend campus interview. Please give me replies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?