24th July 2013, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Will I be applicable for medical entrance exam after passing 12th

i have done 12th class from cbse and will give biology exam from NIOS next year .
will i be applicable for medical entrance exam or not

Related Questions:
  1. Can I be applicable for MBA entrance exam after passing 10th with 40%
  2. Should I fill the medical entrance exams form this year? I am passing out 12th in next year but still I have not prepared for medical entrance exam
  3. Can I give medical entrance(NEET) after passing 12th
  4. Which type of engineering is the most easiest?
  5. How many seats are there for MBBS in Kasturba?
  6. How to give medical entrance exam after passing 12th from CBSE
  7. What is the procedure to take admission in BAMS after passing 12th from non medical? Is there any entrance exam for it? -- [New]
  8. Is there any entrance test for LLB after passing 12th non medical?
  9. Will medical entrance by MCI be applicable for this year's MBBS admissions? How to prepare for this exam?
  10. What is the required percentage in 12th class for medical entrance exam? I have completed 12th class by PMC
  11. How to get admission in MBBS after clearing HSC with 88%?
  12. What are the subjects available for me after passing 12th in private exam in non medical?
  13. How to go for medical after passing 12th? I have completed 10th standard
  14. What to do after passing 12th PCM with 60.92%? Should I repeat 12th or should I apply for degree courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. From where to get the medical entrance test form after passing 12th in Gujarati medium?
  16. How can I get admission in government medical college after passing 12th?
  17. How to prepare for IPS exams after passing 12th in medical stream? Is Medical Stream beneficial for my career? How much score is needed in 12th?
  18. What can I do in medical field after passing 12th science? How could I afford the coaching in Aakash and other coachings?
16th September 2016, 12:42 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be applicable for medical entrance exam after passing 12th

First thing I would like to clarify you that now from the current session all the State PMTs and AIPMT are replaced by a single national level medical entrance examination i.e; NEET for admission in undergraduate medical courses in government medical colleges across India.

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance test and is held by CBSE once every year. * Also the minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must be over 17 years but not exceed 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Further age relaxation of five years is applicable for reserved category candidates.

iii) You must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as your main subjects from a recognized board. Also your overall aggregate in these subjects must sum up to 50% if you belong to general category otherwise 40%.

Since you have will only appear in Biology from NIOS board and rest three from CBSE board, so you are not eligible for the same examination as for the same you need to have passed in all the above mentioned four subjects from a single recognized open or regular board which includes NIOS also.

For more details and FAQs related to NEET you can refer to the link www.aipmt.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?