10th June 2012, 03:32 AM

Will I get admission in any government college after scoring AIR of 161079?

will i get admission in any govt colleges after scoring

All India Rank
Overall 161079 ------
Category 1960 ------

State Rank
Overall 2405 ------
Category 39

i belong to ST category, am female

Related Questions:
  1. Admission in MP government engineering college after scoring an AIR of 56156?
  2. Can I get admission in government college after scoring an AIR of 585400?
  3. How to get admission in government college after scoring 1194 AIR?
  4. Admission in any government college after scoring 58941 AIR and 14046 in OBC?
  5. How to take admission in government college after scoring 50000 AIR in AIEEE exam?
  6. Admission in any NIT or any government college after scoring an AIEEE AIR of 66544 and state ranking of 668?
  7. Can I get admission in government or NIT college after scoring 268100 in AIEEE
  8. Will I get admission in government college after scoring 138 in PCB group? Names of the colleges where I can get admission?
  9. Can I take admission in any IITs or any central funded government college after scoring 121 marks in AIEEE?
  10. Can I get admission in government college after scoring 53 marks in AIEEE B.Arch?
  11. Is there any possibility to get admission in government college after scoring 366 GATE score, 91.39% and 13486 AIR?
  12. Admission in NITs after scoring an AIR of 4010 and state rank of 46 in AIEEE B.Arch?
  13. Do I have an opportunity to get admission in government engineering college after scoring 27200 in recent JEM? How many government colleges we have in WB?
  14. Admission in government engineering college after scoring 3685 SC rank? Total number of reserved seats to get admission in government college for West Bengal?
  15. Which government college in Haryana will I get after scoring AIR of 89551 and 3500 state rank?
  16. Can I get admission in any government college after scoring 60718 AIR and 2719 state rank?
  17. Can I get admission in Karad Government college after scoring 82.20% -- [New]
  18. Can I get admission in NIT after scoring 5315 AIR in GATE? Which college can i get for admission in M.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
25th August 2012, 02:52 PM
sanjay08cs46
Member+

Default Re: Will I get admission in any government college after scoring AIR of 161079?

AIR 161079 is very low rank.but you have female ST quota..so you will get some NIT and reputed college.
You can try for:
-NIT Patna
-NIT DURGAPUR
-TEZPUR UNIVERSITY
-NIT SURAT
-NIT SILCHAR
-NIT SRINAGAR
You will surely get above college with this rank.
Best of luck
25th August 2012, 02:54 PM
ad55

Default Re: Will I get admission in any government college after scoring AIR of 161079?

Seeing your category and state rank you will be easily able to get any NIT or IIIT ,as your ranks are good in your category hence there will be no problem for you to get into a good government college,below i have given detailed cutoff for NIT's so that you can relax about your admission

25th August 2012, 04:26 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

You haven't mentioned you have secured this rank in which entrance examination. It is important to know this to provide you the information. AIEEE qualifiers are given first preference in most of the colleges accept in NIT's, then GATE, IIT-JEE and other JEE.

Moreover, you must remember that your bachelor’s aggregate marks and specialization is also important to get you a seat in any college. You haven't even mentioned that!

There are different branches - civil, mechanical, chemical, computer science and electronics, electrical, aeronautical, information technology etc. You haven't mentioned that you want to take admission in which branch/discipline of engineering. I would like to inform you that not all the colleges/universities offer all the branches of engineering courses.

Most of the UGC recognized and deemed universities and recognized government colleges require minimum 65% aggregate marks in higher secondary or equivalent from a recognized school/board to be eligible to apply for admission. ST/SC/ and OBC get a relaxation of 5% marks for admission in almost all the colleges/universities across India.

In the absence of your academic qualification (grades/percentage), name of the degree course and the branch/discipline, you want to take admission in, it is not even possible to say for which government college/university you are eligible for.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?