12th August 2013, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Will I get a job in software testing after completing B.E ECE?

Hello, Iam Feroze I completed my BE (ECE) in 2011 but still have arrears. Iam planning to complete my arrears next semester. I don't have any work experience in IT. Iam studying software testing online. Will I get job in software testing after I complete my degree? Because Iam 2011 batch and I will be going for job only in 2014 beginning...... Should I tell frankly that I was having arrears that why Iam still a fresher for 3 years in Interview or what reply should I give them?
Kindly explain, Thank You!

2nd October 2015, 03:40 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get a job in software testing after completing B.E ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, Iam Feroze I completed my BE (ECE) in 2011 but still have arrears. Iam planning to complete my arrears next semester. I don't have any work experience in IT. Iam studying software testing online. Will I get job in software testing after I complete my degree? Because Iam 2011 batch and I will be going for job only in 2014 beginning...... Should I tell frankly that I was having arrears that why Iam still a fresher for 3 years in Interview or what reply should I give them?
Kindly explain, Thank You!
Yes you can get a job in software testing. But you need to be well prepared in the testing techniques (manual/tool). You can read books, websites and other literature on the testing area. A practical experience in the testing tools (e.g. winrunner) will be very useful.
A 4 to 6 months diploma or a certificate course in testing will enable you to perform your task well. A lot depends on the preparation of the candidate. Hence focus on preparation and accumulate practical experience as much as possible.
12th May 2016, 01:26 AM
Suraj129

Default Re: Will I get a job in software testing after completing B.E ECE?

You can land on a testing job but you need to start with a start up company as there are companies which have no criteria but look for strong technical knowledge.
In interview you can tell that you were having personal problems and also do learn or get certified for software testing which can be useful for covering up you gap time.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?