17th May 2015, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for age relaxation being a OBC candidate to apply for government jobs?

According to w.b. government i am in obc-a category.what shall i eligible for age relaxation in central government job? like rail, bank, post office? I just need the minimum age limit criteria after the relaxation in order to apply for the jobs. So, please provide me the details on this. Thank you.

17th May 2015, 01:33 AM
james hettfield
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for age relaxation being a OBC candidate to apply for government jobs?

According to the government of india, The obc category will provide you a relaxation of 3 years age relaxation in appearing in any government examination.
Like if the age limit for the general category is 21-28 years, then the age limit for the obc category would be 21-32 years.
Moreover, there is also the relaxation in terms of the cutoff generated in the exam and most of the time the cutoff for the obc category is less than the general category.
17th May 2015, 08:20 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for age relaxation being a OBC candidate to apply for government jobs?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Government jobs as age relaxation is applicable to OBC candidates. The minimum age limit required to apply for Government jobs is 21-30 years. Upper age relaxation of 3 years is applicable to OBC candidates as per Government jobs. So, being a OBC candidate, the maximum age to apply for Government jobs is 33 years.
17th May 2015, 08:53 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if your age is in the below mentioned age limits then I am sure you are eligible to apply for Government Recruitment examinations. As you are willing to apply for Postal recruitments, banking sector, railway recruitment which are all central government recruitments, there is nothing to do with W.B.Government rules as central government rules are considered for these recruitments. The General age requirements for Banking recruitments, Postal recruitments and Rail Recruitments are given below as per central government norms,

For General Category - 20 to 28 years (No Age relaxation is applicable)

For OBC Category Candidates :-

Minimum age - 20 years

Maximum age - 28 years

Maximum age considering age relaxation - 31 years (age relaxation of 3 years for OBC Candidates)

If your age is below 31 years, then only you are eligible to appear in Postal, Banking and Railway Sector recruitments.
17th May 2015, 12:51 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
According to w.b. government i am in obc-a category.what shall i eligible for age relaxation in central government job? like rail, bank, post office? I just need the minimum age limit criteria after the relaxation in order to apply for the jobs. So, please provide me the details on this. Thank you.

There are relaxation for OBC candidates for joining in jobs which you have mentioned such as Railways and Bank. To join in those posts you need to respected entrance exam. The exam needed for railways is RRB and for Bank you can attempt to IBPS Exam

Eligibility Needed For RRB:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed for joining in Technical Cadre is 18-33 years and the relaxation for OBC candidates is 3 years which is 18-36 years

# For joining in Non-Technical Cadre it is 18-30 years and for OBC candidates it is extra 3 years which is 18-33 years.

# Educational qualification for joining in as Non-Technical Cadre is a degree from a recognized university.

# The minimum educational qualification needed for Technical cadre is +2 from a recognized school board of education.

Eligibility Needed for IBPS PO:

# The nationality standard states that candidate should have a citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed is 21-30 years and the relaxation for OBC candidates is 21-33 years

# Educational qualification needed for PO exam is candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university.

If you satisfy the criteria's for the exam, then you can apply for them.
17th May 2015, 04:24 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear definitely for the candidates who belonging to reserved category there will be Age relaxation for any type of government jobs.

As per the government rules and norms there will be a certain Age relaxation for reserved categories.

For OBC -- 3 years

SC/ST --- 5 years

For PH candidates --- 10 years

For Defense services --- 10 years

In general Age relaxation limits are added to the Upper Age limit. These are the Age relaxations given by the Government of India.

And coming to the Central Government jobs you need to have specific Age limits otherwise you will not be entering into the further proceedings.

For Bank Exams :

* Clerk --- 28 years

* PO's --- 30 years

* SO's --- 30 years

For Railways :

* Through Civil's and IES exams : 30 years

* RRB Exam : 28 years

For Postal Jobs :

* Maximum Age should be below : 28 years .
17th May 2015, 11:22 PM
Ashwakh

For most of the Government jobs , there will be relaxation in Age for the OBC , SC , ST category candidates.

~ For the Ibps bank clerk exam ,

Age shouldbe in between 20-31 years for the OBC category candidates.
Qualification required to apply for the exam is Graduation .

~ For the Ibps bank probationary officers exam ,

Age shouldbe in between 21-33 years only for the OBC Category candidates.

~ For the Civil services exam ,

Age shouldbe in between 21-33 years only , for the OBC Category candidates.
Qualification required for the exam is Graduation .

~ For the post of Subinspector in State Police department ,
Age shouldbe in between 21-28 years only , for the Obc category candidates.

Qualification required for the post is Graduation .
20th September 2016, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

my age 40 . In wb govt job advertise one post SC, one post UR and one post ST. I am OBC candidate. Can I apply for UR post?
3rd June 2018, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

I'm obc category candidate ,applying unreserved post. post age criteria 18-25 year Im 27 year old.I applicable for this post?
11th July 2019, 08:37 AM
Unregistered

If I choose age relaxation,then I am only eligible for general posts means OC,is this true or not,reply me as early as possible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?