19th April 2015, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in CDS exam if pursuing B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) from Deemed University?

Hello all,
I am student of Deemed university,
studying B.Tech in Electrical Engineering.
I want to join CDS. So please tell me
I am eligible for CDS exam or not?
Kindly tell me asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for BHEL HEL GEL entrance exam after pursuing diploma mechanical from RVD deemed university?
  2. Am I eligible to get government jobs if pursuing B.E. from Deemed University?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in CDS entrance exam being a student of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Does private university require AICTE approval for Technical Ph.D. courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am I eligible for BOE after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering from IASE Deemed University
  6. Am I eligible for CDSE, UES, Indian Army entrance exam? I am pursuing mechanical engineering 3rd year
  7. Can a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech shift from one deemed university to other deemed university or other college?
  8. Eligibility to give Post Graduation Medical entrance exam while pursuing MBBS from Deemed University in Pune?
  9. Am I eligible for CDS Exam pursuing B.Sc course in Distance Learning?
  10. Eligibility to apply in CSIR-NET for M.Pharmacy student of Deemed University?
  11. Can I get a government job after pursuing diploma in engineering course from IASE deemed university?
  12. Am I eligible to write CDS entrance exam? I am pursuing B.Com from Deen Dayal Upadhayay University, Gorakhpur
  13. Can I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in IT from Deemed University?
  14. Can I join Indian Navy having Indian COC and B.Sc degree in Nautical Science?
  15. Am I eligible to join as a lecturer in Anna University colleges? I have completed MCA in deemed universities
  16. Am I eligible to appear for CDS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Com?
  17. Can I give CDS exam after pursuing degree in electronics engineering?
  18. Can I get government job or promotion in my recent job if passed Diploma in Electrical Engineering from IASE Deemed University?
24th April 2015, 10:13 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CDS exam if pursuing B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) from Deemed University?

If you are pursuing final year of B.Tech in Electrical Engineering, you are then eligible to appear in CDS (Combined Defense Services) Exam. If this is not the case (either you are in 3 year or 2nd year or 1st year) of B.Tech, then you cannot appear in CDS Exam.

Minimum Educational Qualification:

For Naval Academy - B.Sc with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering

For Air Force Academy - B.Sc with Physics and/or Mathematic or Bachelor of Engineering

For Indian Military Academy and Officer Training Academy - Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent

Important Note: Candidates appearing at the degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete.
24th April 2015, 11:32 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CDS exam if pursuing B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) from Deemed University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello all,
I am student of Deemed university,
studying B.Tech in Electrical Engineering.
I want to join CDS. So please tell me
I am eligible for CDS exam or not?
Kindly tell me asap.
Yes, you are eligible for CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

CDS exam books:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam
Author: Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers

For more details about CDS exam and application process, you can visit to the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th April 2015, 01:11 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear definitely you are eligible to apply for CDS Examination with your educational qualification. But you have to satisfy the some eligibility criteria for CDS Examination.

Eligibility Criteria required for the CDS Examination :

Educational Qualification : you should complete B.Sc/B.E/B.Tech with minimum qualification from the recognized University.

But For Indian Army you should have any graduation from the recognized university.

Age Criteria :

Indian Army : 19 to 24 years

Indian Navy : 19 to 22 years

Indian Air Force : 19 to 23 years

For the Notification details you can visit the UPSC official Website.
24th April 2015, 01:44 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course, you are absolutely eligible to apply for CDS Examination. There is no doubt about that. CDS i.e Combined Defence Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for recruitment to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy. CDS I Examination has been completed on 15th February 2015. Next notification will be released in the month of July or August in the official website of UPSC as well as Employment newspaper.

Being a B.Tech graduate, you are eligible to apply for all the services in CDS examination. Let see the eligibility criteria to apply for this examination.

Military Academy: Candidate should have completed 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 patten graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Final year of degree course may also apply. Candidate must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 24 years. Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.

Naval Academy: Candidate should have completed 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 patten graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification with Physics or Mathematics at graduate level. Final year of degree course may also apply. Candidate must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 22 years. Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.

Air Force Academy: Candidate should have completed 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 patten graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification with Mathematics at Intermediate level. Final year of degree course may also apply. Candidate must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 23 years. Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.

Officer Training Academy: Candidate should have completed 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 patten graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Final year of degree course may also apply. Candidate must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years. Unmarried male/female candidates are eligible to apply.

More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
31st July 2015, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I get engineering second year course in Indian air force after passing NDA or cds
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?