24th October 2015, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for government railways job while doing BCA final year?

I am studying BCA final year, my degree will be complete in two months i am fresher can I apply for a government job in railway? Can you please give me the information on the same? It will be really helpful if you give me the complete guidance on this.

Thanks!

25th October 2015, 08:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for government railways job while doing BCA final year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying BCA final year, my degree will be complete in two months i am fresher can I apply for a government job in railway? Can you please give me the information on the same? It will be really helpful if you give me the complete guidance on this.

Thanks!
After completion of BCA course, you can join in Indian Railway in Group D post.

Eligibility criteria for Group D post:-

1) Those candidates who have completed 10th standard from recognized board are eligible for Railway Group D post.

2) Your minimum age should be 18 years.
25th October 2015, 09:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for government railways job while doing BCA final year?

BCA stands for the Bachelor of Computer Application. Yes, you can apply for the Railway Recruitment Board entrance examinations while pursuing final year of bachelor of computer applications.

Candidates who have passed bachelor's degree or in final year of graduation can apply for the Railway exams. The minimum age limit to apply for the exam is 18 years and upper age limit is 30 years with upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

You can visit the official website of RRB in which you are interested. Written test is followed by interview for final selection.
25th October 2015, 09:42 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can as apply for jobs in railway sector after BCA also. It is a degree and you can apply for degree level jobs.

For that you have to apply for exams.
These tests are conducted every year.
Hence according to eligibility you can apply for the same.
25th October 2015, 11:10 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!
Yeah you can get into railway job after completing your BCA(Bachelor of Computer Application) a 3 years under graduate course. In order to join in railways you need to apply for the entrance exam for it. The exam which you can apply is the RRB Exam

It stands for Railway Recruitment Board and to apply for this exam there are certain eligibility conditions which you need to satisfy and they are:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed is 18-30 years for general category and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.

# The educational qualification states that candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university with good skills in English and Hindi.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for Non-Technical Cadre through RRB exam. To know more about the exam check at http://www.rrb.gov.in
28th July 2020, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for government railways job while doing BTECH computer final year?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?