7th May 2017, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get a government job after 12th at an age 17 years?

Am I eligible to get a government job after 12th with age 17 years? Can you please let me know the steps followed to apply and get the job? It will be really helpful if you can give me the right suggestion on this. Awaiting to get the response. Thank you!

8th May 2017, 07:03 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a government job after 12th at an age 17 years?

For appearing for entrance examination for recruitment in government jobs the minimum required age limit is 18 years.

So, you will be not eligible to appear for examination before 18 years. The available options after 18 years will be :-

SSC CHSLE.

IB.

TTE.

Defence services ( Clerk).

The only available option for you is for NDA entrance examination and after qualifying in it will be recruitment in defence services. The age limit for NDA examination is 16.5-19.5 years.
8th May 2017, 11:31 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a government job after 12th at an age 17 years?

There is only one entrance examination for government job at age of 17 years. You can apply for National Defence Academy entrance examination to enter into different wings of Defence. NDA/NA entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

Candidates who have done 10+2 from a recognized board can apply for this exam. For Indian Air Force and Navy, mathematics and physics in 12th is necessary. Only unmarried male candidates can apply for the examination.

You can apply for this examination at official website of UPSC which is http://www.upsconline.nic.in. You need to wait for next notification of NDA II in 2017.
8th May 2017, 11:55 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Whether you are eligible to apply for government job or not basically depends upon the concerned recruitment. Because the minimum age criteria required and maximum age allowed basically depends upon the respective organization. There are several government jobs for candidates from 12th Class background.

For most of the recruitment's on 12th Class basis, required the below mentioned age criteria.

* Minimum Age required - 18 years

* Maximum Age allowed - 25 to 30 years (based on the recruitment)

But being a 17 years old candidate, you are eligible to apply for National Defence Academy/ Naval Academy recruitment with the above mentioned age as the minimum age required is 16.5 years. For almost all the recruitment you can apply from next year when you will be 18 years old candidate.
9th May 2017, 12:02 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

--> Being 17 years old the only government job option available for you is in the defense services which are discussed below :-

* You can become commissioned officer in Indian Defense Sector by joining NDA. Further for joining NDA you need to qualify NDA entrance examination which is held by UPSC twice every year. For details about NDA entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.

* You can also join defense services as a tradesmen and soldier clerk for which you need to compete respective rallies followed by Common Entrance examination. For updates regarding this entry you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
10th July 2017, 08:13 AM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to get a government job after 12th with age 17 years? Can you please let me know the steps followed to apply and get the job? It will be really helpful if you can give me the right suggestion on this. Awaiting to get the response. Thank you!
Yes...If you are 12th passed and your age is 17 years.You can get a government job.You can appear for the following exams:-

1. AIR FORCE AIRMAN EXAM
2. NAVY SENIOR SECONDARY RECRUIT EXAM
3. NAVY ARTIFICER APPRENTICE EXAM
4. NAVY MATRIC RECRUIT EXAM
5. NAVY NON MATRIC RECRUIT EXAM
5. ORDNANCE FACTORY TRADE APPRENTICE EXAM
13th July 2017, 02:23 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes after 12th you can join navy. You can give SSC exam through which you can get government job.
You can give TET exam through which you can become a government teacher.
It will be good if you will do graduation.
After graduation you can apply for so many government jobs.
In banking exams you can apply, you can apply for civil services.
21st May 2020, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

can i get a government job after 12th with age of 17 years running and my date of birth is 01.04.2003.please tell me some government jobs for my eligibility.
1st April 2022, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Now I'm 18 years old I want a government job so what can I do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?