29th August 2015, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to get the government job if I am 33 years old?

I am 33 years & 3 months old.Educational qaulification b.ed, b.com & basic computer knowledge.Required for government job in bank or teaching. Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for your answer.

29th August 2015, 07:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get the government job if I am 33 years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 33 years & 3 months old.Educational qaulification b.ed, b.com & basic computer knowledge.Required for government job in bank or teaching. Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for your answer.
You age now 33 years old so still you are eligible for government sector jobs like assistant teacher through TET exam.

Eligibility criteria for TET exam:-

1)Those candidates who have completed graduation degree are eligible for TET exam.

2)Your age should be below 40 years.
29th August 2015, 08:53 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get the government job if I am 33 years old?

The Age limit For Government jobs :

The upper age limit for General category is 32 years.

One who turns 21 on August 1 is eligible whereas one who turns 32 on August 1 of the year of examination is not eligible.

For OBC category upper age limit is 35, and for SC/ST it is 37 years.
29th August 2015, 10:00 PM
pjgp

As you are eligible for the government job in teaching as you completed your B.ed you are eligible for teaching profession in government.As its age limit is upto 38 years.
you are not eligible for any other government job because the age relaxation for most of the government jobs is up to 33 years only as you are 33 years you are eligible for the post of teaching profession.
Exams will be conducted for this post by the government which is called as SET exam.
29th August 2015, 10:15 PM
candycrush

For the teaching jobs you shall have to apply for the teacher ability test TET.

Which is a compulsory exam for the b.ed degree holders to get a teaching jobs.

Central teachers eligibility test CTET is conduced by CBSE every year for teaching jobs in central government schools.

State government also conducts various state teacher eligibility tests for teaching jobs in state school like primary and high schools

The upper age limit is 35 years and you have 2 more years to compate.

For the Banks you are eligible for the clearks post for which the upper age limit is 35 years.

You shall have to appear for the IBPS CWE exam for these post.

Computer proficiency certificate is a must for this exam

Along with the written test you shall have to give typing test during the interview and the document verification
30th August 2015, 11:43 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry that you are not eligible for Government exam with 33 years of age. If you belong from reserved category then you may have the chance to appear on Government exams.

For PSU bank clerk jobs in India the age limit is 20 years to 28 years and +5 years for SC/ST, +3 years for OBC. So if you come under this category then you will be eligible for bank exams. For Probation Officer jobs in banks the age limit is 20 years to 30 years and +5 years for SC/ST, +3 years for OBC.

For many, state government jobs also the eligibility is 30 years for OC, for MBC 32 years and for SC/ST 35 years. So if you suit in that group means you can write the concerned examinations and clearing which may get you a job.
30th August 2015, 01:18 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to get government job at the age of 33 years.

Age of candidate must be from 21 to 28 years to get government job.
There is relaxation in age as per government norms.
  • 3 years for OBC candidates.
  • 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
  • 10 years for Physically Handicapped candidates.

If you belong to SC/ST category or Physically Handicapped category, then only you are eligible to apply for government job at the age of 33 years.

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised institute/university.
30th August 2015, 04:34 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

As you have mentioned in the query that you are already 33 years old and three months, you can apply for the jobs in banking sector only if you belong to SC/ST category because the age limit to apply for the clerical or probationary officer post is upto thirty years and relaxation in upper age is provided to OBC and SC/ST candidates upto three years and five years respectively.

If you belong to SC/ST category then you can apply for the:

1. Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection Common Written examination.

2. State Bank of India entrance exams.

You are eligible for these exams as you have done bachelor's degree in commerce.

Other than banking sector if you are interested in teaching and if you have done master's degree then you can apply for the National Eligibility test for becoming lecturer in government colleges.

University Grants Commission conducts this exam twice every year in June and December. You must do master's degree if you have not done master's degree with at least 55% from a recognized university. The best thing is that there is no upper age limit to apply for the lectureship post. So you can apply even at 35 years of age.
31st August 2015, 05:40 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends...................

Yes, It is ............

Here are so many jobs are available in the government sector for everyone

But as your age is 32 years you have less opportunities in them
Because so many jobs were required the candidates who had the age limit in between 21 - 30 years

If you are a reservation candidate then your age limit will be relaxed as below

For SC/ST candidates the age relaxation is up to 5 years
For OBC candidates it is up to 3 years
For PWD candidates the age relaxation is up to 10 years

So if you have a reservation then you have the above age relaxation and you can apply for almost all the jobs..............
With graduation you can try for the following jobs

Bank jobs through IBPS exams
SBI PO job
Railway jobs
Union public service commission exams
Staff selection commission exams
Civil services
Teacher jobs ..............etc

All the Best
5th December 2016, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Hi,I m 30 year old , MBA graduate with 1.5 year experience. I just want to know for which government exams I m eligible to apply?
15th January 2017, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

I am a commerce graduate with a age of 31 years old and looking for a Government jobs. Can you help me out? and I am also thinking to do APSC so pl guide me for the same.
28th December 2017, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

I am 33 years old and I am a Art's graduate, is it possible that I would be able get a government job, I mean in teaching profession?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?