2nd November 2015, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of bachelor degree in hotel management?

Hello,

I am shalwak Kumar. I am 21 year old and now I am pursuing my 4 year ( bachelor in hotel management and catering technology) program from NSHM knowledge campus Durgapur. This is my last year and after passing from here I want to work in government sector.

Related Questions:
  1. What subjects I need to take up in school to become air hostess in future?
  2. Job opportunities in Central Government/State Government/Government owned public sectors in India on the basis of degree of Bachelor in Hotel Management? Am I eligible to apply for IAS, State Government Public Officers, Bank Probationary Officers? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Eligibility to study Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology for 11th Arts student?
  4. Can I get job in Government sector if completed Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology and having 2 years of experience in Hotel Industry?
  5. How may I apply for a job in USA or in Canada? I'm doing B.Sc in Hotel management
  6. Is there any possibility to do HM course after passing 12th?
  7. How tod o MBA in human resource management while pursuing bachelors degree in hotel management?
  8. Can I study Bachelor of Hotel Management if pursue Diploma in it?
  9. Job in Government sector for Bachelor in Hotel Management & Catering Technology fresher?
  10. Is there a chance for me to get the government job after completion of B.Tech 3rd year ECE?
  11. Details of IIHM course? What is the syllabus of it?
  12. What should I do among job and MBA after completing Bachelor of Hotel Management?
  13. Can i find tourism jobs after passing Hotel Management course?
  14. Bachelor degree in Hotel management is possible after B.Com?
  15. Can I do Post graduation in Hotel Management after B.Com Honors or is it necessary to do graduation in Hotel Management?
  16. Application form of CET for admission in Bachelor of Hotel Management for Diploma holder?
  17. Is it possible to do post graduation in Hotel Management after completing Electrical Engineering?
  18. Courses after higher secondary with Commerce stream?
2nd November 2015, 10:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of bachelor degree in hotel management?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

I am shalwak Kumar. I am 21 year old and now I am pursuing my 4 year ( bachelor in hotel management and catering technology) program from NSHM knowledge campus Durgapur. This is my last year and after passing from here I want to work in government sector.
You have completed graduation degree in Hotel Management so you are eligible for government jobs like IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
2nd November 2015, 10:50 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of bachelor degree in hotel management?

Candidates with bachelor's degree in Hotel Management have great and high salary jobs both in government as well as Private sector.

You can apply in Hotel as:

Hotel Manager
Assistant Manager
Facilities Manager

You can also work in food processing units and as a lecturer in Colleges of hotel management.

Tourism corporation and department are also good options to join.
3rd November 2015, 10:09 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

There is good scope available for Hotel Management course in Government Sector. After completing Bachelor Degree in Hotel Management, you can work as a,

- Facilities Managers
(in UNO/UNICEF Projects / Govt. Mfg Companies like HLL Lifecare Ltd etc)

- Food Processing Units
(Few are Govt subsidy units)

- Asst Manager/ Manager Positions in Hotels
(in areas viz. Restaurant/ Front Office / Food& Beverages)
3rd November 2015, 07:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There are many government jobs which require graduation in any discipline and you can surely apply for those jobs on the basis of your degree in hotel management. You can also apply for various post in IRCTC which is related to Indian Railways.

Therefore, don't worry and continue with your studies. You can get job in private sector too with this qualification as India is a tourism destination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?