10th February 2015, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force if secured 69% in B.Com?

Hello everyone
I am B.com Graduate i have scoared 69%.
I am a female candidate.
Am I eligible to join indian air force.
waiitng for your reply

10th February 2015, 09:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force if secured 69% in B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone
I am B.com Graduate i have scoared 69%.
I am a female candidate.
Am I eligible to join indian air force.
waiitng for your reply
No, B.Com graduate candidates are not eligible for Indian Air Force exam. But you can apply for Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy through CDS exam.

Yes, female candidates are eligible fro CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Naval Academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force Academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

CDS exam books:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam
Author: Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers
10th February 2015, 10:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join in Indian Air Force being a female candidate. Only Male candidates are allowed to join in Indian Air Force. To join in Indian Air Force, you need to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 19-23 years old.

3. You must be a Male candidate.

4. You must have completed Bachelor's degree course in Engineering or any other discipline from a recognised university with Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level.

5. You must be Physically Fit.

Being a Female candidate, you cannot satisfy one of the above mentioned eligibility criteria to be eligible to appear in CDS examination. Without appearing in CDS examination, you cannot join in Indian Air Force.
11th February 2015, 02:17 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Female candidates are also eligible to join Indian Air Force by writing several examinations, especially AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test). Yes, basically there are several branches in AFCAT exam namely, Technical branch, Flying branch, and Ground duty branches. This AFCAT Examination is conducted twice a year, and after qualifying this written examination candidates will be called for SSB Interview. Since you are a female candidate, having B.Com as an educational qualification I suggest you to apply for Flying Branch in AFCAT. Apart from this, there are many entries available to join Indian Army being a women candidate. You may join Indian Army through NCC Special Entry (NCC Women Cadets), Union Public Service Commission entry. For all these entries, the basic educational qualification required is "Graduation" or "Bachelor Degree" from a recognized university. Since you have completed B.com which is a Graduation with 69%, you are certainly eligible to apply for above mentioned examinations being a women candidate.
15th April 2015, 07:04 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No,B.com graduates are not eligible to sit for Indian Air Force examination.

There are two ways to join Indian Air Force.One is through NDA exam and the other is through CDS exam.Both the exams are conducted by UPSC twice a year.

The qualification eligibility required to join Indian Air Force through NDA is 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized university.The age limit to apply for the exam is from 16.5 years to 19 years.

The qualification required for CDS exam is 10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.The age limit to apply for the exam is from 19 years to 23 years.
15th April 2015, 09:00 PM
Ashwakh

After B.com you can apply for the Afcat exam to join in Airforce.

AFCAT exam details :-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AFCAT stands for airforce common admission test

The exam includes 3 braches like ,
* technical branch
* flying branch
* ground duty branch

With B.com as qualification , you can join either in Ground duty branch or in Flying branch.

Note that , to join in Flying branch , your age shouldbe in between 19-23 years only

Flying branch includes ,

~ fighters
~ helicopters
~ transports

* to join in ground duty branch , age shouldbe in between 20-23 years only
23rd July 2015, 08:05 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Indian Air even if I have secured less than 60% in b.tech??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?