15th June 2017, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for loco pilot exam on the basis of two year trade apprentice training in fitter trade?

I have completed my two year trade apprentice training in fitter from ordnance factory. Am I eligible for loco pilot?

15th June 2017, 05:52 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for loco pilot exam on the basis of two year trade apprentice training in fitter trade?

In order to become a loco pilot you should have completed your 10th standard and ITI in specific trade from a recognized institute. Diploma in engineering candidates are also eligible to apply. According to your qualification you are eligible to apply for loco pilot. Your age should be in between 18 to 30 years and age relaxation will be provided as per government norms.

With this eligibility you have to appear for RRB examination. After your selection you will be appointed as an assistant loco pilot and after getting experienced you will be promoted to a loco pilot.
17th June 2017, 12:36 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for loco pilot exam on the basis of two year trade apprentice training in fitter trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my two year trade apprentice training in fitter from ordnance factory. Am I eligible for loco pilot?
To become be eligible for Loco Pilot, you need to satisfy the below criteria,

The candidate must complete 10th standard or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution and the candidate should have completed their ITI in any trade from a recognized university.

The candidate age should be in between 18 years to 30 years and upper age relaxation will be given to reserved category candidates.

For more information log onto this website:- http://www.rrcb.gov.in
17th June 2017, 12:52 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, for loco pilot job, you need to have at least a diploma in electrical or mechanical or electronics or automobile engineering from a recognized institute.
ITI in fitter trade is not the valid qualification for such job. You need to have ITI in electrician trade with apprentice training to become eligible.
21st June 2017, 04:17 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE MY CERTIFICATE WITH THE TRADE OF FABRICATION IN FITTING AND WELDING. CAN I GO FOR A LOCO PILOT EXAM? I ALSO PASSED MY HIGHER SECONDARY EXAMINATION.
30th August 2021, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

I finished national apprentice training of one year in mechanical, I am eligible for applying the assistant loco pilot exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?