12th May 2017, 05:53 PM
jeevanmass5

Which course should I prefer after 10th to become a Loco Pilot?

Sir i have completed 10th standard. I need to know that what course i should prefer after 10th to become a loco pilot? Help me.

12th May 2017, 11:51 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which course should I prefer after 10th to become a Loco Pilot?

If you want to be a loco pilot then you should pursue ITI course in specific trades from a recognized institution or you can do Diploma in Engineering. Only after that you can apply for the Assistant Loco Pilot post in Indian Railways. Thanks
12th May 2017, 11:51 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

After completing 10th you need to complete Intermediate. After passing Intermediate you need to pursue any Technical degree from a recognized institute. Then only you will be eligible for the post of Loco Pilot.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must have passed their Intermediate from a recognized university.
Candidate must have scored at least 60 percent aggregate in Intermediate.
Candidate age should not less than 18 years and should not more than 28 years.
Candidate must need a technical degree from a recognized institute.
13th May 2017, 12:32 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You shall apply for ITI course after completion of matriculation from any recognized school. Prefer diesel mechanic trade in ITI for better career options as a loco pilot. After completion of ITI course, you have to pursue diploma degree from any recognized institute. Then after apply for Assistant loco pilot vacancy through RRB. You have to appear in an exam conducted by RRB for assistant loco pilot. After clearing the exam, you have to face technical interview and medical fitness test.
After clearing the above, you will be offered a job of loco pilot. After getting certain years experience as assistant loco pilot, you will be interviewed for the post of loco pilot.
13th May 2017, 12:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevanmass5 View Post
Sir i have completed 10th standard. I need to know that what course i should prefer after 10th to become a loco pilot? Help me.
To become an Assistant Loco Pilot exam, you fulfill below given criteria.

Those candidates who have completed diploma and ITI course from a recognized University are eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Your age should be in between 18 to 33 years.

Relaxation in upper age limit is applicable to OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates as per Government rules.
13th May 2017, 08:21 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

To become a Loco Pilot after completion of your 10th standard, you have to pursue ITI or Diploma in Engineering course from a recognized board. You need appear in RRB Loco Pilot examination by satisfying the below mentioned eligibility criteria:

You must have passed ITI or Diploma in Engineering course from a recognized Institute.

You must be in between 18-30 years of age.
13th May 2017, 09:56 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become Assistant Loco Pilot in Indian Railway candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by RRB.

The minimum qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 10th and have ITI or diploma degree from a recognised institute.

So, you need to pursue ITI or diploma course to appear for entrance examination in future. Candidates also have to qualify examination for final selection.

For details visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
13th May 2017, 12:04 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

If you wish to become Loco-pilot just after passing 10th standard, then you can either do ITI course in any specific trade like Fitter, Electrician, etc.

Then, you can apply for Indian Railways for a locomotive pilot post.

Alternatively, if you are pursuing Diploma from any recognized institute, then also you can apply for locopilot post.

Diploma course can be from any branch like mechanical/automobile/electrical or electronics.

Selection procedure will be based entirely on your Written exam and finally Personal Interview.
13th May 2017, 12:48 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become a Loco Pilot after completion of your 10th standard, then you need to pursue your higher studies in Diploma/ ITI course. You need to opt the branches like Automobile or Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics Engineering for pursuing your ITI/ Diploma course.

To become a Loco Pilot, you need to apply for RRB Loco Pilot examination once, the RRB releases the examination notification for filling the vacant post of Loco Pilot. You need to appear and qualify all the rounds of the recruitment process of RRB Loco Pilot to become a Loco Pilot.
25th March 2018, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madom, I have completed diploma in computer engineering in 2011. Now i am doing job in Natural ice creams as a manager. My question is can i eligible for assistant loco pilot exam. If yes provide me guidelines. My email id. [email protected]
11th June 2020, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

What should I do. After 12 to become. A loco pilot
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?