16th June 2014, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Between IES and IAS, which is better for B.Tech student? Salary of an IES Officer?

SIR
I am persuing b.tech (3rd year)
which is best either ies(or)ias?
what is the salary of ies?????
Kindly help me for sort out the problem
thank you

27th June 2014, 11:29 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Between IES and IAS, which is better for B.Tech student? Salary of an IES Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SIR
I am persuing b.tech (3rd year)
which is best either ies(or)ias?
what is the salary of ies?????
Kindly help me for sort out the problem
thank you

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service

These two exams are being conducted by UPSC and is held every year.The IES Exam is conducted for candidates to join in Engineering organizations.The IAS exam is conducted for candidate to join in as a IAS officer and it is a part of Civil Services.

Having doing B.tech course you can apply for both the exams as per the education qualification which is needed for the exams.The Education qualification needed for the IES exam states that the candidate should have completed a B.E/B.Tech in the following departments:

~ Civil Engineering,
~ Mechanical Engineering,
~ Electrical Engineering and
~ Electronics & Tele Communication Engineering.

Where as in the case of IAS exam it is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university and that can be from any stream.

The other criteria would include such as the age limit as for General category candidate it is 21-30 years and for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years and this is same for both IAS and IES Exam.

The Nationality standard for the exams is that the candidate should have a Citizenship in India.

Choosing between IAS or IES is based on your interest as IAS is a Civil service post to serve the country and in the case of IES is it based on a Engineering job in a government organization.

Regarding the salary for IES it is Pay scale: Rs. 21400-39000 / Month.Actual salary: Rs. 30000 / Month.

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?