16th December 2016, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

Can a Biology stream Female Candidate get higher post in the Indian Air Force?

Respected Sir, I am a Female Candidate and I am from the Biology stream so I want to know can a Biology stream Female Candidate get higher post in the Indian Air Force? If yes then please tell me the procedure to join The Indian Air Force (IAF).

Related Questions:
17th December 2016, 09:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Biology stream Female Candidate get higher post in the Indian Air Force?

If you are a biology student, then you can't apply for technical jobs at Indian Air Force. The best option will be Ground duty branch through AFCAT, if you are looking for a officer level post. Age required is 19 to 25 years for this branch.

Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam and AFSB interview. Hence, if you are really interested in a officer level job at Indian air force, then make sure you are well prepared for AFCAT.
18th December 2016, 07:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Biology stream Female Candidate get higher post in the Indian Air Force?

Sorry, to say that female candidates are not eligible to join Indian Air Force. To join Indian Air Force, the candidate have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination to join Indian Air Force is mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should be at least 16.5 years old and not more than 19.5 years of age.

3. You should have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
18th December 2016, 09:19 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, for recruitment in Indian Air Force the minimum required qualification is 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have pursue 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, with biology stream you will be not eligible to appear for examination for recruitment in Air Force.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?