13th July 2017, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for SI post on the basis of open university degree?

Respected Sir/Madam. I am Madda Vinod. I am from east Godavari, Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh. My 7th class completed in 1998 and my aim sub inspector. This year 2017/4/18. I am writing 10th SSC open school exams from government schools. So, after 10th I am able to complete for SI open degree eligible or first I have to join in intermediate? Please give me solution to get SI post in open university and degree open university .Dr ambedkar university near my home. So i have to study inter and degree in open university for SI job sub inspector or after 10th direct degree eligible. Please give me solution. Phone: 9963906477. Thanks, Vinod Madda

14th July 2017, 11:57 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for SI post on the basis of open university degree?

SSC conducts entrance test for recruitment of candidates as SI in CAPFs and Delhi Police.

The required educational qualification to appear for examination is bachelor degree from a recognised university and age limit is 20-25 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, after pursuing bachelor degree from Ambedkar university, you will be eligible to appear for examination. For more detail visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
15th July 2017, 12:11 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Minimum qualification required to write examination conducted for Sub Inspector post is bachelor degree.
A candidate who have completed bachelors degree from a recognized university, whether through regular mode or distance mode, he/she can definitely write the examination conducted for the post of SI.
State level Public Service Commission conducts the examination for SI post.
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Open University is a recognized university and it is affiliated by UGC (University Grant Commission).
15th July 2017, 08:43 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as Sub Inspector in CAPFs and Delhi Police, SSC ( Staff Selection Commission ) conducts entrance examination.

The required eligibility to appear in examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 20-25 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination after intermediate qualification. Candidates have to qualify in written, interview and physical test for final selection.

To get more detail about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
15th July 2017, 02:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

SI stands for Sub Inspector. The general eligibility criteria for Sub Inspector posts in CAPF, Delhi Police or State Police is:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the exam of SI.

Dr Ambedkar Open University is a UGC recognized university. Degree from this university is valid for government jobs.

>>Age criteria for SI is 20-25 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category, Ex Serviceman.

You can apply for SI post entrance exam in final year of bachelor's degree.
15th July 2017, 03:37 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The full form of SI is Sub Inspector.

The eligibility criteria for entrance examination of Sub Inspector is:

*Graduation in any stream from any UGC approved university.

*Age limit is 20-25 years.

You should first complete your bachelor's degree then you can apply for SI entrance exam. But you will not be eligible as your age will cross upper age limit including relaxation if you belong reserved category.
18th July 2017, 12:02 PM
Bhaskermudiraj

Sir, Can a Malpractice candidate apply for Police department(S.I / Police Constable) in Andhra pradesh and Telangana states? As you said earlier that a debarred candidate can apply UPSC after completion of his debarment period, exams and fine. In the deceleration form it is written that.... I have not been debarred in any of the examination. is there any legal advice regarding this.
18th July 2017, 09:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for SI post.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for SI post.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

Physical criteria for SI post:-

Minimum Physical Standard:

i) For Male Candidates:
Height-1.67 mtrs.
Weight-51.5 Kgs
Chest-79 cms with a minimum expansion of 5 cms

ii) For Female Candidates:-
Height-1.60 mtrs.
Weight- 45 Kgs

iii) Vision :

Eye-sight ( with or without glasses )
Distant vision : 6/6 in one and 6/9 in the other eye.
Near vision 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?