6th January 2017, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for bank PO exams based on my B.Com degree?

My name is Lakshmi Prasanna. I have completed my B.Com second year with above 70% marks and about to write 3rd year in 2017. My question is, can I apply for a bank PO exam? If so, what is the procedure?

6th January 2017, 09:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for bank PO exams based on my B.Com degree?

No, you will be not eligible to appear for PO entrance examination while pursuing in final year of bachelor degree.

The required educational qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree and final year pursuing candidates are not eligible.

Candidates have to submit marksheet number while filling application for examination.
6th January 2017, 09:57 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Bank PO examinations after completion of your Bachelor's degree in Commerce (B.Com) from a recognised university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree or an equivalent examination from a recognised university are eligible to apply for Bank PO examination. You need to apply for Bank PO through IBPS official website once the notification for recruitment of POs is released by IBPS. You need to appear and qualify Preliminary examination, Mains examination and perform well in Interview to get bank PO job.
6th January 2017, 10:16 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Whether you are eligible to apply for PO recruitment or not basically depends upon the month in which you complete your Graduation. PO recruitment notification will be released in the month of July and examination will be held in the month of September 2017. So If you can complete your Graduation i.e., third year of B.Com then I am sure you will be eligible to apply for Bank PO examination. The basic educational qualification required to apply for Bank Probationary Officer recruitment is "Graduation". Yes, candidates must have successfully completed their Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any discipline. There is no certain percentage criteria that is required in Graduation in order to be eligible for PO recruitment.
6th January 2017, 10:40 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Being a B.Com degree holder you are eligible for appearing in bank PO examination for your recruitment as probationary officer in nationalized banks of India but for that you need to qualify entrance examinations like IBPS bank PO examination or SBI bank PO examination.

* Also the minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in these examinations are as here under :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must be within 21 years to 30 year if you belong to general category. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candiates.

iii) You must have completed your graduation in any discipline from recognized university.

iv) You must have basic knowledge to operate computer and good communication skills.

For more details and updates regarding above mentioned examination you can refer to the link www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
6th January 2017, 11:29 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My name is Lakshmi Prasanna. I have completed my B.Com second year with above 70% marks and about to write 3rd year in 2017. My question is, can I apply for a bank PO exam? If so, what is the procedure?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for SBI or IBPS PO entrance exam after completing B.Com. Graduation is the minimum educational qualification required to apply for IBPS PO entrance exam. The candidate age should be in between 20 years to 30 years.
7th January 2017, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

My age is 25. B.Com Graduate. Cleared Company Secretary Executive Level. Currently written Company Secretary Professional. Kindly tell me about IBPS
8th January 2017, 08:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

For applications procedure, you should follow SBI and IBPS website.
1st December 2017, 09:52 PM
nishanth60

Hi Friend
#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IBPS PO examination is GRADUATION in any stream from UGC recognised institution/university.
#As you are studying your 3 rd year B.COM, you are not eligible to apply for this exam. You can apply for IBPS PO exam after the completion of your B.COM degree.
#Age limit to apply for IBPS PO examination is 21-30 years and the age relaxations are :
-> 3 years for OBC candidates
-> 5 years for SC/ST candidates
-> 10 years for PWD candidates.
#And the selection procedure of IBPS PO exam is preliminary examination,main exam and personal interview.
#And written exam is conducted in 5 sections :
(1) Quantitative aptitude
(2) Reasoning
(3) English language knowledge
(4) General awareness with special reference to banking industry
(5) Computer knowledge.
#For further details please visit www.ibps.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?