23rd November 2016, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Indian army with matric qualification and age of 22 years?

I passed my matric last year at the age of 20 and next year I will turn 22. I want to know, if I still have the chance to join the army next year? Where can I find the application forms for next year, so I can apply early?

23rd November 2016, 07:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian army with matric qualification and age of 22 years?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Army with matric qualification at the age of 22 years. To join Indian Army, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination to join Indian Army is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You should have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years not more than the age of 19 years.

3. You should have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

4. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You should be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

Since, you have already crossed the maximum age limit and not pursued 12th standard, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination to join Indian Army.
23rd November 2016, 08:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian army with matric qualification and age of 22 years?

With 22 years of age, you can't apply for Indian Army on the basis of matric qualification. The upper age limit ends at 21 years for most soldier and tradesman posts in Indian Army. You have to complete graduation now to become eligible for any chance of appearing in CDS exam.

Hence, on the basis of your age and qualification, you don't seem to have chance of joining Indian army now. You have to look for some other options.
24th November 2016, 01:14 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for Indian Army with the qualification you have mentioned above at the age mentioned above as the minimum eligibility requirement in order to apply for NDA examination is that the candidate should have completed their 12th board examination from a recognized board and the age should be in between 16.5-19.5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?