7th January 2017, 02:16 PM

What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army? What is the age limit to apply for the Indian Army?

Respected Sir, I want to join the Indian Army and serve my Country so I want to know the qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army. What is the age limit to apply for the Indian Army? Which exam do I have to appear for joining the Indian Army? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the Qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army?
  2. How can a girl join the Indian Army after completing BA? What are the qualification and Physical criteria required?
  3. Is Diploma in Pharmacy good enough for joining Army?
  4. How can I join Indian Army? What is the educational qualification and the physical ability requirement?
  5. How can a girl apply for officers rank in Indian Army with commerce stream without Maths?
  6. Age limit and required qualification to join Indian Army?
  7. Eligibility criteria, age limit and suitable posts in Indian Army for CSE student?
  8. Procedure to get Indian Army jobs after BDS?
  9. Age limit and qualification required for an Ex-Army serviceman to apply for SI and Constable post of Maharashtra Police?
  10. Procedure to apply for Clerical post in Indian Army for 12th student?
  11. Possibilities of joining Army at 42 years age?
  12. How can I join the Indian Army after completing B.Tech 3rd year Electronics and Communication? What is the Physical criteria required for the same?
  13. What is the criteria to join Indian Army as a soldier?
  14. How to join Indian Army? Minimum Educational qualifications and Physical Abilities needed for the Exam? Age limit and Procedure to apply for the Exam?
  15. How to apply for Indian Army being a girl? Required Qualification for this?
  16. Scope for computer engineer in Indian Army? How can I prepare for Army? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I join Indian Army after graduating in Arts if Hotel management is not acceptable?
  18. Age limit required for girls to join Indian Army? How much percentage is required?
8th January 2017, 07:06 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army? What is the age limit to apply for the Indian Army?

To be eligible to join Indian Army, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination to join Indian Army is mentioned below :-

=> You should be a citizen of India.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board.

=> You should be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

=> You should be at least 16.5 years old and not more than 19.5 years of age.
8th January 2017, 09:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army? What is the age limit to apply for the Indian Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Respected Sir, I want to join the Indian Army and serve my Country so I want to know the qualification and Physical criteria required to join the Indian Army. What is the age limit to apply for the Indian Army? Which exam do I have to appear for joining the Indian Army? Please answer as soon as possible.
You can apply for Indian Army through NDA and CDS exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.

After completion of graduation degree, you are eligible for Indian Army through CDS exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy : 19 to 24 years
Officers Training Academy : 19 to 25 years

I have attached a document where you can find out the physical criteria for Indian Army so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Physical Requirements.txt(3.2 KB, 33 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?